Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid Spain * any reviews or comments

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mjinkiri
So happy we didn't stay at the IC or the Westin because we loved that neighborhood. I had a 2nd reservation at the Westin for the 27th to the 30th, but decided to stick with the Radisson because of the location and service.
If money (or points) is no object, Westin or Radisson?

Westin is rated #6 in Madrid by Tripadvisor, Radisson #89.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by travelexpert
If money (or points) is no object, Westin or Radisson?

Westin is rated #6 in Madrid by Tripadvisor, Radisson #89.
Westin looks more luxurious and historic by design than the Radisson which is in a historic older building with a modern decor. I would think that also explains the better TA reviews but anyone on FT knows reviews there need to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure if money is no object there might be even better choices (possible the Ritz by Oriental-Express) and I would recommend checking the Luxury Hotels forum.

Last edited by christianj; May 2, 2013 at 2:50 am
Old May 2, 2013, 2:18 pm

Is the Radisson near the nightlife? Think guys in 20s looking to party. Also since I've never done it not sure - if I am gold and we get 2 rooms would both rooms get upgraded or just one? I have gotten multiple hilton rooms upgraded as gold but I'm not sure how that works with Radisson.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:56 pm

What is offered at breakfast? I can't find any trip reports or pics of that. On the site it says 80 items offered?

Also, 75k business room gets you breakfast while 50k normal room doesn't?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by infernorice
What is offered at breakfast? I can't find any trip reports or pics of that. On the site it says 80 items offered?
It has a very generous buffet with 80 items; hope you are not expecting a list!!

Last summer the cost was 16€ per person - totally worth it, even if there are cheaper options across the street!!

The business room option refers to a slightly bigger room. If breakfast is included, then it will be noted in the terms (there is no lounge). But I wouldn't spend an additional 25K to save 32€ in breakfast (IF it is included).

** The hotel is walking distance to many interesting bars and partying spots!!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Chose Radisson over Westin.

No regrets. Location is very similar--both have easy access (0.5 miles) to the city center and Prado museum.

Was upgraded (as Gold) to a business room--slightly larger than standard. Room had a Nespresso coffee maker plus kettle. I specifically asked for inside-facing to avoid noise.

Ordered room service breakfast and dinner on occasion--fast service and reasonable prices.

Bathroom was modern with bath and walk-in shower. Only weakness was very little space for toiletries--and I was alone in the room. With two in room, might be a little challenging.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
It has a very generous buffet with 80 items; hope you are not expecting a list!!

Last summer the cost was 16€ per person - totally worth it, even if there are cheaper options across the street!!

The business room option refers to a slightly bigger room. If breakfast is included, then it will be noted in the terms (there is no lounge). But I wouldn't spend an additional 25K to save 32€ in breakfast (IF it is included).

** The hotel is walking distance to many interesting bars and partying spots!!
Well I will be with my wife and with the 2 for 1 nights via the card, that would only be 12.5k per night, or 6250 points per breakfast per person.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, CC Gold
Does a business room include mini bar for free? Looking for clarification since the hotel site lists minibar under the benefits of the business room, but it is not super explicit if that means it is free to consume or it is just "provided" for you to enjoy at a cost.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Any info on car parking when staying in this hotel? says on their website "few private garages" available. How few?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
// bumping

Planning on burning 400k of points on a four night stay (two rooms as taking children).

Few questions:

- Is there a pool and is it suitable for children?
- Is the location central enough to get around to see attractions?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by dc2447
// bumping

Planning on burning 400k of points on a four night stay (two rooms as taking children).

Few questions:

Yes there is a very small pool in the basement. If it is suitable for children depends on what your kids want to do there. Plunge and get wet? Yes! Do laps or make lots of noise? No!

Hotel location is very central and you should be able to access most of the sights and museums.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by dc2447
// bumping

Few questions:

My kids loved the pool, it's not huge but the kids willl like it. They also have a sauna next to the pool. The hotel is central, walking distance to the bus terminal and train station. We took a day trip to Toledo and did plenty of walking around Madrid. The restaurant across the street from the hotel has a nice patio where you can eat. The food was good and it was always packed after 10pm. We had to get used to having dinner after 10pm.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks both super helpful
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:27 pm

Any comments about the suite? Looking to book a junior suite with rollaway bed for 3 adults, but all of the rooms look like they're on the small side.

Also I read somewhere that the breakfast has since been improved to include cooked-to-order egg items? I love Radisson Blu breakfasts, so some more detail would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:09 am

Anyway, I booked a suite. Will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.