Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Getting to warmer climes from IAD on UA in Jan/Feb 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to warmer climes from IAD on UA in Jan/Feb 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Question Getting to warmer climes from IAD on UA in Jan/Feb 2016

Hi everyone, new FlyerTalk member here.

I'm writing in because I'm looking to travel in February 2016 to a warmer beach destination -- the Caribbean, Los Cabos, et cetera. It's the first time I've had a vacation in years, so I'd like to make sure I make the most of it.

To that end, I'm trying to identify how I can get there without spending a lot of my vacation in airports. My criteria look something like this:

-- I want to leave from IAD or CHO.
-- I'd like to leave on a Thursday or Friday in January or February and return on the following Tuesday or Wednesday.
-- I don't want to spend more than about 7 hours flying in each direction.
-- I prefer to fly United (I have MileagePlus Platinum).
-- I prefer to fly to a destination that has a Starwood hotel property (SPG Platinum).

Any suggestions for which destination airports to start looking at, gang?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

consider the keys. nice place easy UA trip.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I used this web site to look at direct flights from IAD. http://www.flightconnections.com/

Of the ones that went to the Caribbean, it seemed CUN was the one that had flights on days other than Saturday. Of course the schedule could be different when you want to travel.

Also you could get to places using a connection, so for United take a look at flights from their EWR, IAH, ORD, and other hubs. Then use the SPG directory to see where they have locations, or vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.