Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Dominican Republic Gay Friendly Resorts Info Needed Please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dominican Republic Gay Friendly Resorts Info Needed Please

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, US Gold,
Red face Dominican Republic Gay Friendly Resorts Info Needed Please

Hello my Fellow Frequent Flyers!

My partner and I (men in early 50's), are thinking about a getaway to the DR May 2-7. We have been all over the Caribbean but never to the DR. We are thinking about a nice all inclusive resort but this is not set in stone. Ideally an adult only environment would be nice. Sandals is OUT based on its anti gay posture a few years ago. We want to be on the beach but also close to a small town or village so we can enjoy local culture. Our price range is upper mid to lower high end.

Any ideas about what part of the DR we should visit, airport to fly into and accommodations we should research would be most appreciated. We would be flying out of NYC.

Thank you all in advance!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
Originally Posted by Carry On
Hello my Fellow Frequent Flyers!

My partner and I (men in early 50's), are thinking about a getaway to the DR May 2-7. We have been all over the Caribbean but never to the DR. We are thinking about a nice all inclusive resort but this is not set in stone. Ideally an adult only environment would be nice. Sandals is OUT based on its anti gay posture a few years ago. We want to be on the beach but also close to a small town or village so we can enjoy local culture. Our price range is upper mid to lower high end.

Any ideas about what part of the DR we should visit, airport to fly into and accommodations we should research would be most appreciated. We would be flying out of NYC.

Thank you all in advance!
I'm planning a trip for the winter with my Partner(his vacation schedule is set by his employer so leads to awkward timing and in very advanced bookings. We are on both sides of the Atlantic which makes it a bit harder, he very much enjoys the privacy and pricing and convenience of Airbnb. Maybe not quite what your expecting to hear from someone on Flyertalk, but I wonder if going through an Apple/Vacation Express type package to Punta Cana (PUJ) would be what your looking for. My partner is half Greek and CRAVES sun, so sometimes trying to get him to go skiing/tubing is a bit of an ordeal.

I remember reading somewhere that the Viva Wydham, I think it was in Punta Cana was pretty gay friendly.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:53 pm

You want Las Terrenas but don't stay in a AI. Lots of options right in town and you can walk everywhere. The town is a great mix of Dominicans, French and Italians. In fact it the one place in the world I have been to that not many people speak English. High end not in town is The Peninsula House, and right on the beach is Casa Coson. Lots of great Villas to rent and condo's. A large amount of really good restaurants, wonderful food stores and lots of fresh vegtables and fruit. Three amazing bakery's and just the best beachs. You can fly non stop on jetblue twice a week from JFK right into AZS El Catey and its 20 min into town and beach.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:29 pm

If you haven't looked there already, the gay travel forum might have good info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.