Wiki Posts
Search

San Juan Airport Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UR, SPG, HHonors Gold
San Juan Airport Lounges?

So I'm on a business trip in Puerto Rico at the moment, but on Friday I may have to arrive at the airport like six hours before my flight (my colleague rented the car, and his flight is a couple of hours earlier than mine).

I'm flying United, but I don't think there's a United Club in the San Juan airport. Are there any lounges in the airport I can buy a day pass for, even if I'm not flying on their airline? (Amex is actually giving me a $50 statement credit for lounge access because my Priority Pass Select card hasn't arrived yet, so I have my pick.)
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Locke42
So I'm on a business trip in Puerto Rico at the moment, but on Friday I may have to arrive at the airport like six hours before my flight (my colleague rented the car, and his flight is a couple of hours earlier than mine).

I'm flying United, but I don't think there's a United Club in the San Juan airport. Are there any lounges in the airport I can buy a day pass for, even if I'm not flying on their airline? (Amex is actually giving me a $50 statement credit for lounge access because my Priority Pass Select card hasn't arrived yet, so I have my pick.)
I'm a AA flyer, and they have a lounge in the terminal D, after gate 9. Is the airport still on construction? They had terminals B & C closed.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:24 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
There's construction going on, but the other terminals are partially open.

Regarding lounges, there's a (half assed) admiral's club in Terminal D. I'd spend a few dollars on a cab to isla verde and find a place there.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by mkt
There's construction going on, but the other terminals are partially open.

Regarding lounges, there's a (half assed) admiral's club in Terminal D. I'd spend a few dollars on a cab to isla verde and find a place there.
Thanks MKT, long time.

I second this. 6 hrs is plenty of time to go sight seeing in Isla Verde, heck you might get a cheapo car rental and go to Piñones, have some alcapurrias, bacalaitos, piononos and some Medalla.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:26 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by arollins
Thanks MKT, long time.

I second this. 6 hrs is plenty of time to go sight seeing in Isla Verde, heck you might get a cheapo car rental and go to Piñones, have some alcapurrias, bacalaitos, piononos and some Medalla.
Likewise - long time indeed.

Thinking about it, 6 well timed hours is enough to go to Old San Juan for a meal, some sightseeing and then go back.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:41 am

We just connected through SJU last week on United. You can access D concourse inside security from A, B and C if you chose to pay for Admirals club. I recall there's only one sit down restaurant in C, but they will give you wifi code while you eat/drink. Also free wifi at the gate opposite Starbucks in C (Network name has the word "blue" in it, but can't recall the entire name).

Not much to do at the airport, would agree with everyone else that you spend time elsewhere and minimize time at the airport.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, HH GLD, CC GLD, Hyatt PLT, IHG PLT Amb
Agreed, with 6 hours go check out the town
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:42 pm

Flying through SJU soon with a 4 hour layover. Are there any lounges nowadays? (alas the AA one closed).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by scubamom
Flying through SJU soon with a 4 hour layover. Are there any lounges nowadays? (alas the AA one closed).
THe Priority Pass lounge is the only one I can think off. Not sure how much the day pass is, but, it does offer snacks and and a warm selection as well, you also have an open bar as well with wine, beer, hard liquor. Depending on how much time you have, might be worth it, considering that most half way decent meal selections at the terminal are about $10+++ then add soft drink, alcohol, etc. Your call. I have the AMEX PLT, so free admission for me, but $27 for companion. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.