Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Do NOT take Insel Air when you travel between the ABC islands in Netherlands Antilles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do NOT take Insel Air when you travel between the ABC islands in Netherlands Antilles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thumbs down Do NOT take Insel Air when you travel between the ABC islands in Netherlands Antilles

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT take Insel Air! They canceled our morning flight that supposed to leave at 10:30am (from Curacao to Bonaire) but they did not call or email to let me know the situation beforehand and we only found out the flight was canceled when we got to the airport at 8:30am. Insel tried to put us to the early evening flight that would depart at 4:05pm. Insel do not have any argeement with other airlines so they were unable to put us to the other airlines that left around the same time. We did not want to get stuck at the airport for 7.5 hours since we already checked out the hotel and returned the rental car. Luckily we bought another 2 tickets for myself and my wife from DAE airport ticketing counter for the flight that departed at 11am.

I asked Insel Air through email for refund but took them half month to reply my email and said "Our general terms (as published un the website and deposited with the Curacao court of law) state that your delay has to be more than 6 hrs in order for you to be eligible for a refund. Within those 6 hrs we are entitled to rebook you to another flight."

Imagine if it happened during high season, you could hardly get another tickets from other airlines and you could get stuck at the airport for the whole day! Insel Air almost ruined my perfect Caribbean vacation!

Last edited by GordonGordon; Sep 19, 2011 at 3:19 am
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:29 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
This problem isn't just Insel Air. This is quite normal for every regional carrier in the region.

Last edited by mkt; Sep 19, 2011 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:15 am

Never had a problem with DAE - as a matter of fact they were taxiing down the runway at departure time ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.