Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

Class of Service Upgrade Points Revisted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2000, 10:51 am
YYZ
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E

Hmmm... went from YYC to YEG this weekend, and then from YEG to YYZ. Secured business class upgrades on both of them. Every other time I have upgraded, I had the class of fare 'R' on the boarding pass. These two upgrades had the class of service listed as 'J'. Don't know if this means anything, but it looks like they may hopefully be headed to the Air Canada system of awarding class of service bonus points for business class upgrades! http://216.167.74.240/forum/smile.gif

I will post the results of my findings in the next couple of days when the transactions get posted to my account.

[This message has been edited by YYZ (edited 05-15-2000).]
Old May 15, 2000, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Were these flights on CP or AC metal? It seems that if you were on AC metal, it often shows up as J, but my experience on CP metal earler this week, and posted on the weekend, is that it shows as R on both the boarding pass and the account statement, and only gets the 100%, and not the class of service bonus that AC gives for coupon upgrades. Last month I had a BA boarding pass ex-LHR on a CP flight number (CP metal) and it showed J on the pass but ended up R on the account statement with no change in the 100% points credit. It was an upgrade as well.

I'll be curious to hear how it posted, so let us know.
Old May 15, 2000, 2:31 pm
YYZ
Original Poster

Shareholder: This thread I actually started for you http://216.167.74.240/forum/smile.gif I had meant to say that my flights this weekend were on CP metal.

I posted last time about my experience with the CP metal upgrades and all the time they gave me a 'R' code. Well this weekend, the boarding passes had'J' codes which I thought was rather odd (both on my boarding pass, and my companions - which were both booked at the cheapest 'V' fares).

The Air Canada code for upgrades is 'C' (on my Canadian Plus statement). I would have thought this weekend's mishap was an agent's glitch, but this was two separate occassions that they gave us 'J' codes for upgrades (I'm sure you know - J being regular business class codes).

We'll see what transpires I guess...
Old May 15, 2000, 10:38 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

My YYZ - HNL flight on May 7 was posted as R class as it was an upgraded flight not J class. I wish they would change this rule and retroactive it back to March 1, it will have me qualified for EP sooner!

Also, B fares on CP now within Canada are eligible for full points.
Old May 17, 2000, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I did not know that there was J class from YYC-YEG?
Old May 17, 2000, 8:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Rarely, but it happens. Most are on Dash 8 now but there are some Canadian 737 and F28 flights as well as once a day? AC metal DC9 and BAE146. Will see if we get 767 en route to Toronto (YEG-YYC-YYZ) back in winter.
Old May 18, 2000, 7:17 pm
YYZ
Original Poster

Shareholder:

Sorry to get your hopes up. No class of service bonus, but get 100% bonus from my V class (normally 50% of basic points within Canada, but I got 100%)

YYZ to YYC was 838 points (no upgrade used), YYC to YEG was 500 points, and YEG to YYZ was 1675. My boarding passes do say however, J class, and what was posted to my account was 'Y' class. Seems like they are using symbols interchangably.

Isle: Yes, they have business from YYC to YEG. Was on a F28, 9:00pm flight. All eight people on board (so it was easy to get an upgrade)

[This message has been edited by YYZ (edited 05-18-2000).]
Old May 20, 2000, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Based on your report, I turned down a change of flights to slightly earlier AC metal ex- Halifax back home (1 hour difference), even though upgrades would have been available and useable on my M-class fare. I'll hang in with Cdn until they are officially merged, then fly the merged metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.