Wiki Posts
Search

Continuing deterioation in service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2000, 6:03 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Continuing deterioation in service

Just started off on my YYZ-YEG-YVR trip.

Seeing a whole bunch of AC people here in terminal and a whole bunch of those nasty AC/CP planes.

Checked in at the EP lounge and the agent there seems like he just got out of bed. I just try to have a casual conversation and he just wouldn't talk and give a slight smile. This is sure not the case if a concierge was walking the desk. Not sure if they still have concierge around. This is very rare in CP as their employees are usually very cheerful.

Empress Lounge: As the agent placed in UPG stickers on YEG - YVR, the guy decided to interrogate me on why they didn't take my stickers and again not even cracking a small smile. I looked on the sheet and I was the first EP all morning to be in the lounge.

This is just the start and I am sure there will be many more of service like this and many more will be encountered on this trip.

Should I stop being friendly to the CP staff like I used to? Should I treat them like they are AC employee now?

Very disappoined start to my trip. So far all the CP employee I have encountered are ready to start a fight.

Empress
Old Apr 1, 2000, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Originally posted by Empress:
Should I stop being friendly to the CP staff like I used to? Should I treat them like they are AC employee now?
My mother always taught me to be polite to everyone. Why would you ever consider treating employees of any airline differently from any other?

There is no excuse for rudeness or bad service on the part of employees, I agree. But diappointment never justifies rudeness in return, in my book.
Old Apr 1, 2000, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I agree with you AC*SE...!

Part 2: YYZ - YEG
A decent note is that I overheard some GLD member try to upgrade at the gate from N fare using new stickers. He honestly told the agent that he has no more old stickers and the agent have no problem with it. Gave him the upgrade.

FA serving J was just all screw up. Missed 2 people on fruit plate and they weren't serve until someone rang the call button and say they didn't get one. French toast was all dried up, rolls didn't come til we all finish our breakfast.

This is for you Ken.... we got candies today!
The two FA standing at the door at deplane decided to chat instead of saying bye.

More to come....
Old Apr 1, 2000, 11:52 am
Original Member

I have to agree with AC*SE here. With all the lapses in service that we have seen over the past month, I think it is very important for all of us to understand that it is not the frontline employees that make the decisions as to airline policy.

Unless an employee acts in a way that requires me to be less than friendly, treat every person that I come in contact with in a happy/friendly way. There are some wonderful people working for Air Canada, and if I'm a jackass to them, I realy can't expect much more in return.
Old Apr 5, 2000, 12:24 am
Original Poster

YVR-YYC-YYZ.... Apr 3

* UPG stickers was placed on YYC - YYZ and I made sure at checkin that they put a note to make sure the gate agent knows about it. Guess what... they run onboard to my seat and go "Mr... looks like we didn't get your stickers" I told him it was on YYC - YYZ and he didn't belive me "Well, let's take it out and let me see..." A note was even placed on the file in the computer system...

* This saddens me the most... Last time (2 or 3 weeks ago) I miss my connection at YYC and I was taken care by a conceirge at the airport. She was so nice that I wrote to her personally to thank her and also wrote a letter to CP and CP also ensured me that her supervisor have been notified of her good job. This time I saw her again, try to say hi to her again... ignores me and instead go walk another EP to the plane. (Yes I am EP too and I never got walk into a plane) Are we really only recognize as $$ from airlines' point of view? Most of the time, FAs can recognize me after I've flown with them once.

* The new meal service is okay.... everything is the same except preplated which is actually not a bad idea as it save a bit of time especially if i wanted to get some work in on a 3 hr YYC - YYZ flight. In flight service was very good yesterday.

Empress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.