customs/immigration clearance at YWG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;

Drew the shortest of short straws at work and will have a business trip to Winnipeg next week.

Upon my return to the US, will I clear US customs and immigration at YWG or ORD.

Also, anything to know about UA's flights to YWG?

Thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfhscott
Drew the shortest of short straws at work and will have a business trip to Winnipeg next week.

Upon my return to the US, will I clear US customs and immigration at YWG or ORD.

Also, anything to know about UA's flights to YWG?

Thank you!

Before the switch to TS/S.....

You will clear at YWG.

Additionally, there's a Four Points Sheraton attached to the airport. Everything is very close. I've left the front desk of that hotel and got to the gate in less than 15 minutes (I'm also a NEXUS member, so that factored in too).

Also, should be noted that the UX gate area at YWG is VERY small.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by LessO2

Also, should be noted that the UX gate area at YWG is VERY small.
It isn't especially small if there's only a UX flight leaving...but all the U-S bound flights share the same departure lounge (post pre-clearance, if that makes sense). So if there's a NW flight leaving at roughly the same time, you'll be hard-pressed to find a seat.

At certain times of the day, there is a newstand with very limited food options in the departure area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.