Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anything to see in Calgary on a Monday morning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex

I'll be in Calgary after a weekend ski trip, awaiting a 2 pm flight out. Any suggestions for a good way to spend a few hours on a Monday morning there?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
There's always this place: http://www.glenbow.org/
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Civilian, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up Botanical Gardens

A little know secret is the Botanical Gardens up on top of the one of the buildings in downtown Calgary. I can't remember which but just ask a concierge. Its gorgeous and well worth the trip. Go for a walk on the Bow, possibly fishing if you had a chance. The trout fishing is spectacular below the dam!! Good luck, and enjoy CowTown!
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Glenbow is great. If you like a university setting, check out the U. of Calgary and its Nickle Arts Museum.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:27 am
isi

While your're at the airport, keep an eye out for olympians arriving home. Way to go ladies!
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dv8tech
A little know secret is the Botanical Gardens up on top of the one of the buildings in downtown Calgary. I can't remember which but just ask a concierge. Its gorgeous and well worth the trip. Go for a walk on the Bow, possibly fishing if you had a chance. The trout fishing is spectacular below the dam!! Good luck, and enjoy CowTown!
It's the Devonian Gardens at TD (Toronto Dominion) Square. Right on 3rd Street & 8th Avenue S.W. - underground parking available (access from 8th Avenue). Take the elevator to the 4th floor and the tour around is free. The entire structure + one on the east and one on the west has lots of indoor shopping (Eaton's Centre - TD Square - ScotiaCentre). The skywalks (+15 systems) also connect all three buildings together, and if you really feel adventurous, a few blocks east (9th Avenue & Centre St) you can take the elevator ride up the Calgary tower for a panoramic view of the city and eat at the revolving restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.