Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

What time to arrive at YYZ for early morning US departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 8:31 am
Original Poster

I have a 7:30 AM flight out of YYZ on Air Canada to STL on a Thursday. In the past, I've shown up at YYZ about 2 hours ahead of time and had more than enough time to clear security and US CBP (US citizen with Global Entry so it's a breeze), but that was mid afternoon and off peak. I'm guessing the mornings are busier, so how far in advance should I show up for this early flight? I will not be checking a bag.

Bonus question: Will I have an issues getting an Uber from Oakville to the airport that early?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AP 50k
Originally Posted by t325
I have a 7:30 AM flight out of YYZ on Air Canada to STL on a Thursday. In the past, I've shown up at YYZ about 2 hours ahead of time and had more than enough time to clear security and US CBP (US citizen with Global Entry so it's a breeze), but that was mid afternoon and off peak. I'm guessing the mornings are busier, so how far in advance should I show up for this early flight? I will not be checking a bag.

Bonus question: Will I have an issues getting an Uber from Oakville to the airport that early?

Thanks!
You'll be fine with 2 hours. Uber shouldn't be a problem either.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:35 pm

Ubers can be scarce in Toronto that early in the morning resulting in huge surge pricing. The situation is likely to be even worse in Oakville.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B407
Ubers can be scarce in Toronto that early in the morning resulting in huge surge pricing. The situation is likely to be even worse in Oakville.
Thanks. Work is paying for it so I don't mind the surge pricing As long as I can get one.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by t325
Thanks. Work is paying for it so I don't mind the surge pricing As long as I can get one.
why not just arrange an airport limo? it will cost less also.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Prearrange limo has been cheaper than Uber early in morning in the GTA for airport runs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.