Search

YYZ arrivals lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
YYZ arrivals lounge

YYZ experts -

We'll be flying into YYZ on the AC red-eye from SFO and will be flying out to YHZ in the evening (single ticket, Biz class). We plan to go out into the city for the day. Also have priority pass. Is there any lounge we can access upon arrival into YYZ before going out?

If not, is there any hotel nearby (or on the way to Niagara) which has hourly rates? Basically need it for 2-3 hours to rest a bit and freshen up.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but a quick search didn't show any useful results.

thanks in advance...
Old May 12, 2017, 1:48 pm

Arriving from the US, you go directly to Canadian customs, and there is no arrival lounge. You would have access to the domestic lounge prior to your flight to YHZ, but that is post-security, and I don't believe they have any shower facilities.

I'm not sure if any airport hotels have a day rate, but you might consider getting a day pass from the Goodlife Fitness location in terminal 1 just outside of international arrivals. They have shower and change room facilities.

https://torontopearson.com/Component...d=4294986843##
Old May 12, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
When arriving in Toronto, follow the signs for "Domestic connections" and show your onward boarding passes to YHZ to the agents.

Thanks to the new one-stop-security proceedures, you can clear Canadian immigration in a special area which then spits you out directly into the D gates, i.e. Canadian domestic departures. Once there, you can go to the Priority Pass lounge (Plaza Premium) or the AC lounge and use their facilities.

Then, simply leave the domestic airside zone as any arriving domestic passenger would and enjoy your day around Toronto.

Note: This only works if you have no checked bags or they are checked right through to YHZ.
tropikey likes this.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by airoli
When arriving in Toronto, follow the signs for "Domestic connections" and show your onward boarding passes to YHZ to the agents.
Is there a picture of this sign? I am not sure what to look for since I have not connected through YYZ in a from the US to Canada recently...
Old May 16, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Really appreciate the information. We will have checked bags and will need them during the lay over, hence won't be checking them through to YHZ.

So I ended up booking a cheap hotel near the airport as that seemed like the most convenient option and price was pretty low.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli

Thanks to the new one-stop-security proceedures, you can clear Canadian immigration in a special area which then spits you out directly into the D gates, i.e. Canadian domestic departures. Once there, you can go to the Priority Pass lounge (Plaza Premium) or the AC lounge and use their facilities.

Then, simply leave the domestic airside zone as any arriving domestic passenger would and enjoy your day around Toronto.

Note: This only works if you have no checked bags or they are checked right through to YHZ.
Hi,
my situation is different from OP's.
I will arrive to YYZ from YVR (AC in business) very early in the morning and then late in the evening I will have flight to GRU (also AC in J). I'm Polish citizen. My luggage will be checked through to GRU. Do you think they will let me use AC's lounge in domestic terminal after arrival from YVR (before leaving the airport in order to visit Toronto), considering that my next boarding pass will be for a flight departing from international terminal?
Alternatively, I also have PP card. Do you think, I'll be able to use PP lounge in domestic terminal (if AC lounge doesn't work), considering my situation?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,
my situation is different from OP's.
I will arrive to YYZ from YVR (AC in business) very early in the morning and then late in the evening I will have flight to GRU (also AC in J). I'm Polish citizen. My luggage will be checked through to GRU. Do you think they will let me use AC's lounge in domestic terminal after arrival from YVR (before leaving the airport in order to visit Toronto), considering that my next boarding pass will be for a flight departing from international terminal?
Alternatively, I also have PP card. Do you think, I'll be able to use PP lounge in domestic terminal (if AC lounge doesn't work), considering my situation?
I see no problem with either approach.

If the lounge agent questions you / tries to redirect you to the int'l MLL, just provide a short explanation (wish to go landside after the lounge visit, meet a friend in the domestic pier etc.)
tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
By the strict application of the rules, it's not allowed (if you don't have AC E50K or higher status), but I agree with @Jasper2009 that an explanation can sway the domestic MLL agents to let you in.
tropikey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.