Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cigars at YUL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Cigars at YUL?

I'll be flying to Montreal shortly (strangely, my first trip to Canada! Weird, huh?). Because I'm a wonderful wife, I plan on bringing back some Cuban cigars (assuming Trump doesn't issue an executive order banning that in next 2 weeks ) for my husband. I'll be staying with a friend and have no clue what all she has planned, so it would probably be easiest if there were an airport shop I could grab some. Is there? I searched the duty free sites and they didn't seem to have any. Are there any tobacco shops at the airport that would carry Cuban cigars?

I guess failing that, any other Montreal suggestion on where to shop for cigars?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
None of the duty-free shops at the US departures transborder area will carry Cuban Cigars. While the law is easing, the shops haven't caught up.

In Montreal, this will be the place to go -

http://lacasadelhabanomontreal.com/

Note that cigars in Canada are blow-your-ears off expensive, due to high taxes. We have to fund our healthcare somehow Try not wince when you ask "how much?"

Laws:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/americ...mbargo-lifted/

Originally Posted by manda99
I'm a wonderful wife
Correct
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

So just an update... Got back from Montreal yesterday. Went to La Casa del Habano as suggested above and it was great. HUGE selection, friendly service. Got everything on my list.

Got to YUL yesterday and found that they DO now have Cubans cigars in duty free after you cross the US pre-clearance. He said it's not listed on the airport website yet, as they just started carrying them in the last few weeks. Selection is limited (there's a small humidor) and it's all boxes - no singles. But I was able to buy 3 Montecristo cigars for the price I paid for 2 in downtown Montreal. 94CAD for 3 MC #2. 175CAD for a 10 count box of Montecristo #4. Also had H Upmann, Romeo Y Juliet, Cohiba. Just limited selections of each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.