Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Which airlines allow full refund on cheap economy ticket due 2 visa refusal. Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airlines allow full refund on cheap economy ticket due 2 visa refusal. Canada?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Hello,

My relative would like to visit me. She needs to purchase a return ticket to apply for Canadian visa. While I do not foresee the visa being denied - I do not want to risk not being able to get the money back if the visa does get denied. She will be traveling from Ukraine (KBP) to Canada (YYZ) and back.

I have found via matrix.flight.com that for class L on Air Canada ticket the visa denial is a valid reason for refunding a ticket.

Category 16: Penalties

CANCELLATIONS
ANY TIME
TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE -
THE FOLLOWING RULES APPLY PER PRICING UNIT.
--------
WAIVERS MUST BE EVIDENCED BY DEATH CERTIFICATE.
--------
FULL REFUND PERMITTED BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF
REJECTION OF VISA.
EMBASSY STATEMENT REQUIRED.
--------

P.S. I am aware I am able to buy a refundable ticket and than cancel it, but I would rather not do that.

Last edited by Vit007; May 14, 2016 at 6:36 pm Reason: added depature/destination info
Old May 14, 2016, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vit007
P.S. I am aware I am able to buy a refundable ticket and than cancel it, but I would rather not do that.
Why not?
Old May 14, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From where to where?
The ticket t&c's can and do vary with point of sale
Old May 14, 2016, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Why not?
Would rather not go through hassle of cancellation. Also the ticket prices may go up in a couple of weeks if the visa does get approved.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
From where to where?
The ticket t&c's can and do vary with point of sale
KPB-YYZ-KPB.

I will be buying the ticket in Canada.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Would rather not go through hassle of cancellation. Also the ticket prices may go up in a couple of weeks if the visa does get approved.

KPB-YYZ-KPB.

I will be buying the ticket in Canada.
Thanks for the clarification. I am now moving this Thread to the FT Canada Forum.
Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 14, 2016, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Would rather not go through hassle of cancellation.
Unless I'm missing something, this statement contradicts your OP. Why not put $10k at risk if you are certain you can get it back?
Old May 14, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Unless I'm missing something, this statement contradicts your OP. Why not put $10k at risk if you are certain you can get it back?
How would the government official look at a cancellable air ticket when reviewing the visa application? Would they not think we are trying to pull a fast one on them? I know that one does not have to fly the return leg, but still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.