Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying from IAD/WAS (or BWI) to YQB or YUL or qqq

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Flying from IAD/WAS (or BWI) to YQB or YUL or qqq

qqq = closest airport in north America to either those airports or specifically autodrome montmagny/circuit j villneuve and/or sunset int'l speedway.

anyone ever do that....as last time I went to Canada for a vacation of sorts, I flew into Burlington vt, and drove to montreal, as it was muuuuch cheaper that way but some $USD300 or so.

Thanks,
Neil
Old May 11, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
For hitting the Circuit Gilles Villneuve, you'll want BTV or YUL. For Motmagny, I don't know of where you'd fly into other than YQB (or drive from YUL)

One of these speedways doesn't belong. The only Sunset International that I know of is in Innisfil, so you'd fly to YYZ for that one.
Old May 12, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
For Montréal, PBG is another alternative airport, about 1h drive plus border wait times. It has very limited service by ultra low cost carriers.
Old May 17, 2016, 9:18 am

Porter is amazingly convenient from IAD to YTZ with cheap and plentiful connecting flights to YUL. It's a bit more expensive to connect to YQB. Now that Air Canada has just begun flying IAD-YYZ, I would imagine they are matching Porter's fares connecting to YUL. Because of this new competitive situation, it might be easier to fly from Dulles to your closest Canadian destination. Of course, there's also the issue of the cost of a car rental in a place like Burlington versus the cost in Canada. With all those variables, my suggestion is to check out the Porter website - but first look on the web for Porter coupons and sales and discount codes(there's always one going on) - and then Air Canada. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.