Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSS, One Stop Security Initiative

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Is this a YUL/YYZ thing? I flew out of YVR Preclearance within the last week and I definitely did not take my shoes off, nor remove my small liquids bag from my carryon.
That's the thing. These agents are from the CATSA and were originally trained under Canadian Standards. Sometimes, these folks forget that they have to work under US Standards. I have also been asked to take my shoes off and remove small liquids on a domestic YUL-YYZ flight on AC. I think that agent assumed that he was still working in a Preclearance Area.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
That's the thing. These agents are from the CATSA and were originally trained under Canadian Standards. Sometimes, these folks forget that they have to work under US Standards. I have also been asked to take my shoes off and remove small liquids on a domestic YUL-YYZ flight on AC. I think that agent assumed that he was still working in a Preclearance Area.
In Calgary, they rarely seem to enforce people removing their shoes.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46
In Calgary, they rarely seem to enforce people removing their shoes.
Surprised that CBP officers are not over their heads given that Alberta is the land of cowboys and the new terminal recently opening (I used to live in YEG)...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:30 pm

OSS at YYZ

I was able to go through One Stop Security at YYZ.

You clear CBSA by international connections, and then instead of turning left you go down a flight of stairs.

Name:  signs.jpg
Views: 3184
Size:  45.3 KB

If you look closely beyond the glass, you can see a Canadian Flag with the word 'Gates'. That sign is located after immigration.

Name:  bus.jpg
Views: 3139
Size:  179.3 KB

You then go down the flight of stairs and then end up on this bus that will bring you to the D gates.

Can we merge all the OSS forums as this is confusing having 3 separate ones? Also, what is CATSA policy on those who land at their destinations from OSS airports and do not have any checked bags. Can they go through OSS, then through Domestic Baggage Claim?

Last edited by OSSYULYYZ; Jun 29, 2017 at 12:25 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Nexus
Also, what is CATSA policy on those who land at their destinations from OSS airports and do not have any checked bags. Can they go through OSS, then through Domestic Baggage Claim?
I'm quite sure you can't.

I think a boarding pass for the connecting flight is required at immigration, earlier this month we have shown them to the officer (OSS at YYZ). There was an AC information desk next to the small CBSA room, I imagine purposedly for getting that required boarding pass for OSS.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, National Executive
I was able to go through One Stop Security at YYZ.

You clear CBSA by international connections, and then instead of turning left you go down a flight of stairs.

If you look closely beyond the glass, you can see a Canadian Flag with the word 'Gates'. That sign is located after immigration.

You then go down the flight of stairs and then end up on this bus that will bring you to the D gates.

Can we merge all the OSS forums as this is confusing having 3 separate ones? Also, what is CATSA policy on those who land at their destinations from OSS airports and do not have any checked bags. Can they go through OSS, then through Domestic Baggage Claim?
Going through YYZ tomorrow on a US -> Dom CA connection. Is there anything that directs to the OSS area? What should I be on the lookout for so I don't miss it as this is my first time at YYZ.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by chadmb2003
Going through YYZ tomorrow on a US -> Dom CA connection. Is there anything that directs to the OSS area? What should I be on the lookout for so I don't miss it as this is my first time at YYZ.
I don't remember if anything in the arrivals area said anything specifically about OSS, but do not go down the stairs. Ask AC agents if you need any help.

NOTE: This is for T1. I am unsure about T3...
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:54 am

I don't remember if anything in the arrivals area said anything specifically about OSS, but do not go down the stairs. Ask AC agents if you need any help.

NOTE: This is for T1. I am unsure about T3...
What would be down those stairs? Someone a few posts back said to proceed down a set of stairs instead of proceeding left.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:59 am

What would be down those stairs? Someone a few posts back said to proceed down a set of stairs instead of proceeding left.
The time I transited YYZ before the pictures, OSS was not in place. Assuming there is not another OSS entrance--If you go down the stairs, you would go see an agent and then go down towards baggage claim. My guess is that the FT'er who posted that you should go down the stairs is a NEXUS user. There are no NEXUS machines on the upper level, so it may be faster for someone to exit security and then go back to airside using the NEXUS line on the third floor...
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:09 am

The time I transited YYZ before the pictures, OSS was not in place. Assuming there is not another OSS entrance--If you go down the stairs, you would go see an agent and then go down towards baggage claim. My guess is that the FT'er who posted that you should go down the stairs is a NEXUS user. There are no NEXUS machines on the upper level, so it may be faster for someone to exit security and then go back to airside using the NEXUS line on the third floor...
I guess my question is more of is the OSS area separate from the regular CBSA checkpoint? If I get lost I'll make sure to ask an AC agent.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:10 am

I guess my question is more of is the OSS area separate from the regular CBSA checkpoint? If I get lost I'll make sure to ask an AC agent.
Yes. If you go down those stairs, you end up at the regular CBSA checkpoint.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:20 am

Yes. If you go down those stairs, you end up at the regular CBSA checkpoint.
Thanks, will report back with my experience.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Look for "Connections" (and do not go down the escalator to domestic arrivals). There is a line of about 8-10 kiosks (not yet operational) on the left side of the corridor as you come from international arrivals (I guess it would be on the right if arriving from US). Behind those kiosks is a mini-Immigration hall with about 4 immigration officers. After you've cleared the passport check, your boarding pass will be checked about four times between there and when you get to the bus to the D gates.
--
13F
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Look for "Connections" (and do not go down the escalator to domestic arrivals). There is a line of about 8-10 kiosks (not yet operational) on the left side of the corridor as you come from international arrivals (I guess it would be on the right if arriving from US). Behind those kiosks is a mini-Immigration hall with about 4 immigration officers. After you've cleared the passport check, your boarding pass will be checked about four times between there and when you get to the bus to the D gates.
--
13F
Exactly as described! Unfortunately just now saw your post a few days after I went through OSS, but was exactly as you mentioned. After arriving from US, went up the escalator and at the end of the people mover there was a large sign for US->Canada connections and people directing me there. Self kiosks were not operational and there were 4 officers checking passports. There was however a 1 to 2 lane security line after passport check that some were being directed to, I assume this was non-OSS people as someone scanned my BP and let me through a door instead past the checkpoint.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:22 pm

There was however a 1 to 2 lane security line after passport check that some were being directed to, I assume this was non-OSS people as someone scanned my BP and let me through a door instead past the checkpoint.
Probably. These people were likely connecting to an International Flight instead of a Domestic Flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.