Wiki Posts
Search

CS100 at YQT today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
CS100 at YQT today

I arrived at YQT on AC8535 this afternoon to find a shiny new CS100 sitting on the tarmac. I stuck around at the gate after deplaning to watch it take off and grab some photos (can't seem to figure out how to post them though).

It's incredibly quiet compared to the Q400s we're used to up here. From inside the terminal I couldn't hear the engines at all during takeoff.

Anyone know what it was doing at YQT? I'm daydreaming it was here for a big announcement by Jazz that they're buying the CSeries and replacing the Q400s and CRJs on YYZ-YQT.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
There is a Bombardier plant (for trains) so maybe the aircraft was used for some corporate function?

Even if AC orders tomorrow it would take a while for deliveries and there must be some destinations much better suited to the ac performance than YYZ-YQT.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Arcanum
Anyone know what it was doing at YQT?
Aircraft P1 (C-FFCO) has been performing function and reliability (F&R) testing for the past couple of days. Flights to YQM, YHZ & YYT have been performed already. The F&R flights are expected to involve 15 city pairs in Canada, 20 in the U.S and then some in Europe.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
i thought it was due to the train factory being local! i saw it on the webcam, as im looking forward to my visit to YQT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.