Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Asian Malls

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Toronto Asian Malls

I have heard about Asian Malls in Toronto. I am not sure what they are really like - all I am picturing is a old mall where all the mainstay chains have been replaced by shops selling phone cases, Asian trinkets and nail and hair accessories. Is this something more? Should I bother to make teh trek out to one, or is it not worth an hour and a half trip each way on a bus? I am thinking malls like the Pacific Mall and Market Village and Splendid China.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:01 pm

I haven't been to the malls you reference but if someone asked the same question about if it was worth going to one of the larger Asian malls in Vancouver like Aberdeen or Crystal Mall, I wouldn't recommend going out of the way for them unless they were looking for a specific restaurant or store.

Sorry, I have to go on a tangent. Every time I hear Pacific Mall, I think of the Russell Peter's skit on
. It's an oldie but a goodie.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Cloudship
I have heard about Asian Malls in Toronto. I am not sure what they are really like - all I am picturing is a old mall where all the mainstay chains have been replaced by shops selling phone cases, Asian trinkets and nail and hair accessories. Is this something more? Should I bother to make teh trek out to one, or is it not worth an hour and a half trip each way on a bus? I am thinking malls like the Pacific Mall and Market Village and Splendid China.
depends what you are looking for. pac mall is very typically hong kong in lay out.

sometimes easier to go up there and get stuff versus buying of aliexpress.

some like them to buy movies (my wife likes buying Japanese TV series) and other stuff....

if you time it right, you should be able to take the GO train from Union station on the Stouffville Train line and it will stop at Milliken go station...although some times the train goes one direction in morning and other in afternoon so at least half the way will be about 30 minutes - and the two malls are close by....

but you may have to take the Go bus back.

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/...tion=MIGO&new=
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:29 am

If you're talking about enclosed Asian shopping malls, I think there's really only Pacific Mall/Market Village (same location), Splendid China (across the street), and First Markham (somewhat depressing now, a lot of food choices though).

The Chinese community is mostly in the suburbs so everything is pretty spread out and strip malls are much more common than shopping malls. Most Asian shopping is either along Steeles or Highway 7. It should be worth it if you like Asian food or specialty Asian items such as Ban Dai figures or electronics.

In any case, you should go check out Pacific Mall/Market Village/Splendid China if you have the time as they are all within walking distance of each other. As well, it's pretty easy to get there as you just take the Steeles bus from Finch Station. You'll also pass several strip malls along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.