Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Noise Complaint Zone Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:42 pm
B1
Original Poster

YYZ Noise Complaint Zone Expansion

Until 2015, if there was unacceptable noise from an aircraft on its way to YYZ and you were more than 10 nautical miles (I'm not making that up) from YYZ, your complaint would be discarded. GTAA sent out this notice - now you can complain no matter how far away from YYZ you happened to be.
"As of January 1, 2015, the Noise office began accepting complaints from residents living outside the 10NM boundary.

Does this change what qualifies as a noise complaint?
No, the criterion for a valid complaint remains the same. To be registered and tracked in ANOMS, all complaints must:
• Be for a Toronto Pearson flight that can be correlated against a specific aircraft.
• Be made no later than the fifteenth day of the following month; for example, all complaints for January 2015 operations must be received by February 15, 2015.
• Include valid contact information including the resident’s full name, address, postal code and telephone number.
How do I register a noise complaint?
• WebTrak: A complaint can be registered using this online tool that provides near-real time and historical flight data so community members can investigate aircraft operations from any computer with internet access, and it’s available 24/7.
• Online Complaint Form: Use our online complaint form.
• Phone: To make a noise complaint by telephone, contact the Noise Management Office at (416) 247-7682. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Outside office hours, a prompted voice mail service will allow you to leave a detailed message."
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I can see it now. The YTZ anti-jet lobby have something else to amuse themselves.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:16 pm
B1
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
I can see it now. The YTZ anti-jet lobby have something else to amuse themselves.
I think AC is secretly behind the plot, confirmed by their planned discontinuation of the YUL-YTZ run. Next, the tunnel will spring a leak, the ferry will sink and the Maple City will be all that's left. Just like when AC had the monopoly out of YTZ.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:55 pm
B1
Original Poster

WebTrak

So I finally got around to use it when I was buzzed at 2 am.
http://webtrak5.bksv.com/gta
It's terrific. It showed the B77W was at 2000 feet over my house. I complained but was told that's not low. The next flight, an A319, was at 4000 ft. The Webtrak site lets you see the flights now or in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.