Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto, where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by emma69
If the four of them are willing to share 2 queen beds (I know my friends and I did at her age) then there are dozens of good hotels - e.g. Shangri La, Trump, Windsor all come in at under $100 / person / night that weekend. A lot less at the 3 or 4 star hotels. Try something like Expedia to see the options - and find out if they want 'a nice hotel' and can then go out for the night wherever they wish, or a great area for bars etc. and the room is less important.
Omni King Edward and royal york are likely less than 200 a night. In fact, on Priceline, without name your own bidding, they appear less than $us150 a night. Not sure about two extra adults. Both way better than staying at bay and college. You could probably bid for them even less. Check out betterbidding dot com
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Germain is a good, trendy recommendation. But very $$$.

My suggestion is the Hilton Toronto. The best available rate is $169 and they have two queens. A bonus is all higher level rooms are recent renovated. Its a very short walk to the entertainment district. Also, the Hilton is connected to the underground PATH (none of the other options are).

After booking, monitor their reservation on line and you can get upgrade them to lounge access for + $30. Have them say hi to Mary when they are there. The best lounge host in the business!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:37 pm

One King West

One King West is a good place to stay.

www.onekingwest.com

It's close to lots of places, right above the King/Yonge subway stop and has a great Lobby Bar!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The area around 1 King is pretty dead on the weekend tho, with many of the usual places to grab a quick snack / lunch closed on the weekend. I have stayed there, the room was decent, had a small kitchen (and a washing machine) which could be handy if they want to make breakfast etc. But I would say it is very much a 'business' hotel.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by emma69
The area around 1 King is pretty dead on the weekend tho, with many of the usual places to grab a quick snack / lunch closed on the weekend. I have stayed there, the room was decent, had a small kitchen (and a washing machine) which could be handy if they want to make breakfast etc. But I would say it is very much a 'business' hotel.
I agree. I live right in the same area but it is cheap (Omni King Eddy/Fairmont Royal York/7 King are cheap on the weekends for this reason) and staying up Bay street would be way worse.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

My daughter and friends decided on airbnb for a 2Bedroom/2Bath/2Storey/1Prkg-Loft on Hanna Avenue, on King West Village. Looks great!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/872128?guests=1&s=4vM3

Thanks for all the info! ^
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope she has a good time. I have to say tho, that $226 / night (plus $95 for the mandatory cleaning) is an expensive option IMO for one bed plus a fold out futon when you can get any number of 4* hotels in Toronto with either two beds, or a bed plus fold out for under $200, and get all their associated facilities, service etc. (Cambridge, Grand, Marriott, InterContinental, etc etc).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:05 am
Original Poster

My daughter got back to A2 last night safe and sound. She said Toronto is a very impressive, modern and cosmopolitan city, she absolutely loved it!

As part of her travel addiction, her next trip is already booked! LA this time.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:33 pm
B1

Originally Posted by boboqui
My daughter got back to A2 last night safe and sound. She said Toronto is a very impressive, modern and cosmopolitan city, she absolutely loved it!

As part of her travel addiction, her next trip is already booked! LA this time.
Thanks for the nice words about the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.