Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Transit Program questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

China Transit Program questions

I am trying to book a ticket for a Chinese passport holder with an itinerary of ORD-YYZ-PEK. The ticket, while issued from United Airlines, will be marketed and operated by Air Canada.

Everything seems to be in order here. The Chinese passport holder has a valid passport as well as a valid US visa. From this website, it seems like this situation qualifies for transit without a visa:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-vo...-pptc-eng.html

What's weird is that the top section of the page lists this verbiage:
They must depart on a direct, non-stop flight to Canada from one of the following six approved embarkation points in Asia:
Beijing;
Hong Kong;
Shanghai;
Guangzhou;
Manila;
Taipei.

However, if you read onward, the bottom section on CTP passengers arriving from the US references "in addition to meeting the conditions above". Obviously this doesn't make sense since if you are arriving from the US, you can't embark from one of those points in Asia. So this seems to be just an oversight by the author of the page?

Just looking for confirmation here that this situation qualifies for the China Transit Program and all that's required is to purchase the ticket and take the flight.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:15 pm

It's poorly worded.

All AC flights are under one roof at T1 so given the parameters you have described you qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.