Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage storage in downtown Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Baggage storage in downtown Toronto?

So I'm planning a trip to Toronto and Europe, and staying in an AirBnB during the Toronto segment. I mentioned when I booked I'd need to check out late, and the lister got back to me today and said they hadn't thoroughly read my email, and can only offer 2pm at the latest. (My flight was very late, so I had asked if it was an issue to check out around 5 so I could leave my roller bag there while I'm out to dinner)

Anyways, do the metro stations in DT Toronto have lockers? (We don't in the USA post 9/11, but I've seen them in Europe and Asia).

I'd rather not pay 75 bucks for a glorified locker. (I won't be in the unit during that time)
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
I would find a name-brand hotel near where you're having dinner, walk up to the bell desk and hand the bellman a fiver while asking if he can store your bags.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't say "No problem, sir."
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

That is my current plan, but if there's a metro station or something with some lockers, I'd prefer to just sink a toonie for some peace of mind.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:34 pm
B1

"Metro" in Toronto will get you a supermarket. The TTC subway has no facilities. The last time I looked the Toronto Coach Terminal on Bay and Dundas had lockers. You'd need to confirm it.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
http://torontocoachterminal.com/services.html
Lockers: Located on the main level on the southwest side of the building in the hall leading to Elizabeth Street.

http://torontocoachterminal.com/faq.html#5
What are the cost and the dimensions of the lockers?

Regular size lockers are 32 inches deep, 16 inches wide and 22 inches in height. Large lockers are 32 inches deep, 16 inches wide and 37 inches in height. The cost is $ 5.00 for 24 hours.

What if my item to be stored does not fit in the locker?

Unwrapped, oversized articles such as wheel chairs, baby strollers, skis and other sports equipment, bicycles, musical instruments, etc. may be stored at the discretion of the Terminal Manager for $6.00 per item, per day. You must speak to (between 8am and 6pm ) a ticket and information clerk in person. Luggage, sports bags, or sealed packages cannot be held.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 8:27 pm

I don't know if you have a zipcar membership, but I've used mine several times in other cities and have rented cars for a couple hours. Didn't even drive the car, just stored by stuff in the trunk, did whatever I had to do until it was time to head to the airport.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lockers that I know of in any of the subways / Union station.

If it is just for dinner, most restaurants wouldn't have any issue storing your bag in the cloakroom while you are there.

If it is for longer, agree that the major hotels probably wouldn't have any issue, the Fairmont, for example, is right across from Union, and I happened to be at the bell boy station for a few minutes last week, and plenty of people were dropping off bags before check in time / after they had checked out.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi all,

The host ended up saying it was fine to leave my bag.

A friend of mine also had a similar situation, he left his bag at a large hotel. They didn't seem to verify if he was actually staying there (but maybe him tipping the guy a fiver helped)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.