Wiki Posts
Search

Will foreign travel affect EI claim?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Coolers
Don't know how much truth there is to it but I've heard they won't know if you left/returned to the country by land.
????
When you leave by land to US your passport is swiped by CBP. When you return by land CBSA swipes your passport.

I also heard that US DHS CBP is sharing information with CBSA now.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
????
When you leave by land to US your passport is swiped by CBP. When you return by land CBSA swipes your passport.

I also heard that US DHS CBP is sharing information with CBSA now.
Again, I'm not claiming it works, but what you're suggesting does not necessarily invalidate what I said.

Various other posters above said ServiceCanada gets their info from the forms you complete upon return.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:43 pm

What about 4 hours?

What if you crossed the border for 4 hours and returned? Would you have to sacrifice the whole week or just 4 hours pay? (Like to visit family.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.