Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa Info

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Visa Info

Hi, I am new to Flyer Talk, but have already gained a heap of information!!

I am headed to the USA and Canada later in the year. I have never done a huge trip like this on my own, so I am a little worried about the whole visa thing. I am going to the USA for exchange, so I have my student visa, and then I also have a travel visa for travelling around after.

I am heading from Seattle to Vancouver on an Amtrak train, and then back to Seattle. I was wondering if anyone could help with what I need to get across the border into Canada? I am Australian.

Also, what do I need to get back into the USA?

I will be doing another short trip to Canada after, from Chicago to Toronto. From Toronto I will be heading to Washington DC. I assume the process for the second trip will be the same as the first.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone that helps!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:09 am

Hi there,

If the purpose of your visits to Canada are tourism, you can enter as an Australian national with just your passport. You do not require a visa, unless you come here for work (including a working holiday).

Not 100% of the rules in the USA.

Have a great trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.