Search

YHZ (or Halifax proper) Long Term Parking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP, AM
Question YHZ (or Halifax proper) Long Term Parking

Hi all,

My mother-in-law is coming to visit for a few weeks (most of which we'll be gone ) and driving from Cape Breton to Halifax to fly to YOW.

Since I saw the YUL parking thread, I thought I'd start one for Halifax. What would the best options be for a 23 day park?

Park and Fly? A certain cheap airport hotel that offers free parking for that long?

She's in her 60s and don't want to make things too complicated. Just looking for the best (yet convenient) deal.

Thanks, FlyerTalk!

PS: If I missed a relevant thread about this already, umm... oops
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Your best option for 23 days is Park & Fly...the 3 local airport hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn and Quality Inn) all offer up to 14 days parking with an overnight stay, but your planned request is too long for this deal.

No reasonable option in the downtown/central areas that I am aware of, unless some kind FT'er has available space on their property! Halifax has started clamping down on people parking on city streets during winter storms, so parking space is at a premium.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Been to YHZ but I took the bus around there.
YHZ parking must be better than YVR parking though.....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simd
Your best option for 23 days is Park & Fly...the 3 local airport hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn and Quality Inn) all offer up to 14 days parking with an overnight stay, but your planned request is too long for this deal.
That's kind of what I figured but I've never actually flown into YHZ. Everytime we head to the East Coast, I've had the pleasure of driving.

Though I do love the north shore...

Thanks for the response
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Been to YHZ but I took the bus around there.
YHZ parking must be better than YVR parking though.....
I made friends move to Vancouver just in case I ever needed to park there.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by simd
the 3 local airport hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn and Quality Inn) all offer up to 14 days parking with an overnight stay, but your planned request is too long for this deal.
Don't know if it will work at YHZ but I'm parking for 32 days in Toronto. I wanted covered parking and a hotel there had a deal that included 14 days with a stay. Due to the timing of my flights I booked a 14 day deal for the first night, a 14 day deal for the night I arrive back in Canada and am paying $12 per day for the 4 middle days. Much better than the rate at YYZ's long-term covered parking. The room rate including 14 days of parking cost about $40 more than a regular stay without the parking.

So it might be worth it for your MIL (or you) to call a local hotel and see how much they'd charge for the extra days.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada
Much better than the rate at YYZ's long-term covered parking. The room rate including 14 days of parking cost about $40 more than a regular stay without the parking.

So it might be worth it for your MIL (or you) to call a local hotel and see how much they'd charge for the extra days.
I should check the prices and give them a call. You're right, the worst that can happen is that it's not worth it or they won't do it.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:31 pm

We live in Halifax and went away for 14 days.
We were taking a flight to the USA and we overslept and had to rush out the door. By the time I got to the airport I knew there was no time to do Park and Fly, and I sucked it up and did the long term parking which is connected to the terminal.
Cost was around $230.00 ++

Park and Fly would of been under $120
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beavertails
I should check the prices and give them a call. You're right, the worst that can happen is that it's not worth it or they won't do it.
Why don't you check onestopparking.com? they usually have good options around the airport with cheap rates
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by OldBourbon
Why don't you check onestopparking.com? they usually have good options around the airport with cheap rates
Their website form doesn't recognize Halifax nor YHZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.