Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR Transit question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Plat, Avis First
Awesome and very helpful answers.

I may try to keep a bag with me, buy duty free, pack it into the bag and then go to an Air Canada desk and ask them to check it gate-side through to SFO. I'll see if they're willing to do that first before buying anything.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by monserco1
Awesome and very helpful answers.

I may try to keep a bag with me, buy duty free, pack it into the bag and then go to an Air Canada desk and ask them to check it gate-side through to SFO. I'll see if they're willing to do that first before buying anything.
Gate-side is post CATSA so you need to get the bottles through CATSA first. Goodluck!

We are giving you answers, probably not what you want to hear.

If it is any consolation, IME one can find many liquids that are available at NRT FaSoLa dutyfree cheaper on US soil.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tentseller
Gate-side is post CATSA so you need to get the bottles through CATSA first.
I assume he meant the AC counter at the gate in NRT - Ask them to check the bag through to SFO.

Is this special liquor unavailable in San Francisco? If so, you could just buy it in Japan and pack it into your checked bag before you head to the airport.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: UA Plat, Avis First
Just an update-

After landing and clearing the connections security at NRT, I went to the Air Canada desk and they confirmed they could check a bag in for me here in NRT. I bought the duty free items, packed them into my luggage and went back to the Air Canada desk where a luggage tag was already waiting for me. The bag was checked through to SFO.

Thanks again for all the help- maybe someone else in the future who is a fan of hard-to-find Japanese whiskey, wants to take advantage of a strong exchange rate and has a similar route through YVR to the US can use this information.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by monserco1
Just an update-
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.