Wiki Posts
Search

Platform where people get paid for finding cheap tickets for others

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR

Is there a platform out there where people get paid a small sum of money for finding cheap fares for others? E.g. person wants cheap business class fare, posts it on a website and whoever finds the cheapest fare is paid?

If not, would this be of interest to anyone?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:11 am

Isn't that what websites like Skyscanner do at no cost to the consumer?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:54 pm

Unless you're selling 3x's (sadly, not allowed on FlyerTalk), I don't think you'd get any buyers.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
flightfox.com tried to do something like that, not sure how active the website is nowadays and how much their business model has changed.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by Viks
flightfox.com tried to do something like that, not sure how active the website is nowadays and how much their business model has changed.
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a try as I am planning well in advance to fly to Dallas the third week of March 2018. Waiting a few days to confirm 100% the dates and then will try flightfox.com and if all goes all right I'll drop a line over here.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:18 am
Suspended

Here are some sites to book cheap air tickets at Faredepot, where they provide cheap air tickets and often provides offers to the customers. And some other sites are even providing memberships for the ticketing agents. It will even go cheaper when you've become on of their agent, but that is not the cup of tea.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by faredepot
Here are some sites to book cheap air tickets at Faredepot, where they provide cheap air tickets and often provides offers to the customers. And some other sites are even providing memberships for the ticketing agents. It will even go cheaper when you've become on of their agent, but that is not the cup of tea.
Thanks for the tip. However, after extensive searching I have opted for Skyscanner. It's a known flight search portal but if you subscribe to a certain search might get a flight deal which is valid just for hours and under strict conditions. It worked for me. I think this is the only way to look for legit offers where one can save up to 50% if one is lucky. I was in fact but mind you this will work if one will book non refundable tickets and at least one and a half months in advance. I suggest to stay away from those that promise 70% discount for business or first class tickets. Two reasons. Firstly they are doing something against airline regulation because those tickets are purchased with someone else miles and it's been used for cash which is not permitted by all and any airline. So if it is discovered the ticket can be voided. Secondly, just out of curiosity I tried it and the max I got was like 35% off the regular price which is less than what I managed to do my own way as described above. Thanks to all for the tips and all the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.