Search

Budget to Macedonia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Budget to Macedonia

Hi,

I am a student on a budget and I want to go to Macedonia for 5-7 days in the period 20 august - 1 september (ish). I am based near AMS.

Now Wizz Air has very cheap flights EIN SKP for only 20 euros. Thats great. However the return flight is very expensive at 130 euros ! I am unable to pay so much for a flight (and if I do have to I will pay a mainline carrier at that price level over wizz).

So I was wondering if anyone could help me to find a cheap return flight back to AMS or the general area from SKP or Ohrid in the stated period. Or just a good return deal on a carrier other than wizz. I am willing to fly anywhere else and just book a megabus home.

Not sure if this is in the right forum, by the way, I hope it is.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Use Google Flights and the ITA Matrix to find flights from and to nearby airports. Use Flightconnections to see which airlines actually fly where and when.

BEG-DTM is 60€ on Sep 1.

SKP-AMS via PRG (10 hour layover) on Sep 2 from 105€.

Last edited by ritesa; Jun 26, 2016 at 4:59 am
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ritesa
Use Google Flights and the ITA Matrix to find flights from and to nearby airports. Use Flightconnections to see which airlines actually fly where and when.

BEG-DTM is 60€ on Sep 1.

SKP-AMS via PRG (10 hour layover) on Sep 2 from 105€.
Thanks.
I did consider Sofia and Thessaloniki (and Ohrid but there is hardly any flight from there), but I think BEG is a tad far, or not?

In any case the dates have been moved back a little now due to my travel mate, so return 26-28. I will continue looking a bit more.

EDIT: Thinking of serbia due to you suggesting BEG, I found some cheap flights from INI (Nis, southern Serbia) to EIN (wizz) which is closer to SKP. Perhaps that's a good idea, thanks for the inspiration in any case.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you, I booked my trip for a cheap price, outbound to SKP and inbound from INI (Nis, Serbia). It is only about 50 euros per person which is a great deal at the end of august !
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Glad I was able to help. Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.