Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way for LDN>CHL>PRU>ECU>NY>LDN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Any agencies that may do such a route or at the least a LDN>CHL>NY>LDN
Separately might come to like 2000 but wondering if there might be a multi trip deal i could do.

If there is any more information i can look up, feel free just to direct me to that.

Thanks

Josh
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Do you mean LON (London-all airports), instead of LDN?

CHL? Santiago, Chile?

PRU? Lima, Peru?

ECU? Quito, Ecuador?

NYC (New York City-all airports) instead of NY?

Using the ITA Matrix and "multi-city" can sometimes yield some good options. http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Last edited by Romelle; Jun 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

yeah quito and lima and santiago

i am looking for a travel agency that can give me a cheap bundle of flights
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by JoshRTWFlyer
yeah quito and lima and santiago

i am looking for a travel agency that can give me a cheap bundle of flights
The correct abbreviations are LON (London-all airports), SCL (Santiago de Chile airport), NYC (New York - all airports), LIM (Lima airport) and UIO (Quito airport).

You say you are looking for a travel agency that will sell you the flights together for cheap. Do you mean an online travel agency, or a physical travel agent? Keep in mind that it's 2016 and that with some searching you will be well able to book those flights on-line for probably a lot cheaper than a physical travel agent. However by all means go chat to a physical travel agent if that's what you want and see what they come up with.

If you give us some specifics, such as the date you will be flying, how long you want to stay at each place, and most importantly what you have already found by searching yourself, we can indicate whether what you have found is a reasonably good deal or not.

I assume you will be staying at each place for an extended amount of time. This may make it difficult to book all your flights on one single ticket, but not impossible. I'd say try to search for cheap individual flights as well. Some combinations that are worth exploring:

- One-way tickets
- Open-jaw tickets (these are tickets from A to B, then returning from C to A. or any other combination)
- Double open-jaw tickets (ticket from A to B combined with a ticket from C to D) - note that these aren't always bookable, but they are sometimes

If you find anything cheap, book it, then search for a deal for your other flights and obok them, etc. And in order to find out if it's a good deal or not, we can help you.

When searching for your entire itinerary on random days on ITA matrix, I got it priced out at 2960 pounds. That's not so bad but I'm certain that with some deals you can do better. Booking everything together on oneworld airlines gives a price of 3200 ish pounds, but you will get so many frequent flier miles for this trip it might be worth it flying everything on a single alliance. In any case good luck.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
The correct abbreviations are LON (London-all airports), SCL (Santiago de Chile airport), NYC (New York - all airports), LIM (Lima airport) and UIO (Quito airport).

You say you are looking for a travel agency that will sell you the flights together for cheap. Do you mean an online travel agency, or a physical travel agent? Keep in mind that it's 2016 and that with some searching you will be well able to book those flights on-line for probably a lot cheaper than a physical travel agent. However by all means go chat to a physical travel agent if that's what you want and see what they come up with.

If you give us some specifics, such as the date you will be flying, how long you want to stay at each place, and most importantly what you have already found by searching yourself, we can indicate whether what you have found is a reasonably good deal or not.

I assume you will be staying at each place for an extended amount of time. This may make it difficult to book all your flights on one single ticket, but not impossible. I'd say try to search for cheap individual flights as well. Some combinations that are worth exploring:

- One-way tickets
- Open-jaw tickets (these are tickets from A to B, then returning from C to A. or any other combination)
- Double open-jaw tickets (ticket from A to B combined with a ticket from C to D) - note that these aren't always bookable, but they are sometimes

If you find anything cheap, book it, then search for a deal for your other flights and obok them, etc. And in order to find out if it's a good deal or not, we can help you.

When searching for your entire itinerary on random days on ITA matrix, I got it priced out at 2960 pounds. That's not so bad but I'm certain that with some deals you can do better. Booking everything together on oneworld airlines gives a price of 3200 ish pounds, but you will get so many frequent flier miles for this trip it might be worth it flying everything on a single alliance. In any case good luck.
Thanks i'm sorted now
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
I guess OP got lost using wrong city codes to search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.