Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get cheapest Easyjet flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right category to write in but I'm giving it a shot
I'm planning on going Prague to Bristol and back in Summer 2016 with Easyjet, and I'd like to know if there's any trick to get the flights at their cheapest. Is there a pattern of any kind? Because last time I looked they were fairly expensive, and last year I bought really cheap ones about 2 months ahead of time.
Thanks!!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
As with most of the LCCs - the earlier you book, the cheaper the fight will be.

If you want to go anywhere during the school holidays - book as soon as you can.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
As far as I know, Easyjet uses a dead-simple pricing system. The price varies depending on the number of unsold seats; the first ticket sold is dirt cheap and the last seat on a full flight is the most expensive. The last time I looked, the entire pricing structure was shown on the website.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM

buy online, as early as possible, pay with a debit card (iirc there's a fee for credit card purchases ), and make sure you print your boarding pass before you get to the airport
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:32 am

Simon Calder offers some advice in The Independent but I seem to recall cleverer people than me on this Forum had worked out release dates for fares and the point at which they were cheapest.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I know choices between Prague and Bristol are limited but, if EZ remains at silly prices, check other options also - perhaps with a connection or perhaps to Exeter or LHR with a bus connection.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Doesn't always work that way on low cost carriers. Eg. I'm looking for flights next September with Ryanair. In October they were pricing at £250 return by November they were £180 and now they are £140. Easyjet are currently £200 for the same route. I have a feeling the Easyjet price may fall to match Ryanair.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Don't assume that the LLCs are the cheapest, in June for example BA do flights £64 (single) from London. Seems to compare favorably. Train journey from from London to Bristol is 2 hours.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you want to fly during peak season, there is a trick involving first buying a flexi-fare on a cheaper date, then changing it to the date you actually want: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tea...exifare-trick/
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
You are picking 2 non-hubs/low competition cities.
U2 won't sell that seats dirty cheap like LON-BGY.
As said grab it asap, the earlier the better.
IME with the LCC you hardly see bumps up or down following the inventory.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the Budget Travel forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Book early, then if you see the price fall, EasyJet have a "price promise" where they will refund you the difference in the form of a voucher if the price falls. Have had this many times. Just call easyjet, they will see the price change and email you a code for a discount on your next ticket.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:09 am

Thanks for the great tipps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.