Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest direct flights out of Vancouver to Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone I just spend the last few minutes researching airlines flying Vancouver, Canada (YVR) direct to anywhere in cuba, dominican republic or puerto rico. The cheapest direct return flight from vancuver to any airport in on any of these islands is what I'm looking for. The dates are open as is the number of days spent there however I'd like to leave over the winter at any point, whatever dates work out cheapest. A lot of the flights I found out were way more expensive than I could afford. Maybe mexico or hawaii are cheaper and easier to fly direct from vancouver but I really want to see cuba, or the the other two islands i mentioned. Thanks for any advice.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:37 pm

you will need to spend more than a few minutes in your search. have you tried Google flights?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk travelbug1234 !

Now while we've relaxed the rules for fare requests, there's still a sticky in this forom about not requesting them.

In the past folks not puting in at least some effort and showing us what they found on their own, found that they did not get too many responses @:-)
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Well i have found a lot of stuff however because I failed to find what I wanted i asked here. I have used all the sites including Google flights, hipmunk, skyscanner, etc.. however i thought someone living in Vancouver may know
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by travelbug1234
Well i have found a lot of stuff however because I failed to find what I wanted i asked here. I have used all the sites including Google flights, hipmunk, skyscanner, etc.. however i thought someone living in Vancouver may know
You do realize that a "direct" flight is not necessarily nonstop, right? As far as I can tell, there are no scheduled nonstops from YVR to any airport in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, or Puerto Rico. Whether there are any "direct" flights with an intermediate stop I do not know.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
www.sunwing.ca

That or transat are going to be your only options from YVR. WestJet flies to sun spots but as memory serves only Mexico.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:37 am

You might want to try flying out of BLI or SEA.

Also, you can get super cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale. If you're on a really tight budget, that might be a good compromise. I snagged a $79 flight from SEA to FLL a couple of years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.