Kenmore: SEA-KEH $10 OW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:36 am

too bad, cannot get in airport lounges
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:10 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I've wanted to fly in a seaplane forever, I finally get to do it for a decent price. ^
I've flown them to Victoria's Inner Harbour once when they had a special price, and it was rather fun ^
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Can you walk (or swim) to KEH?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:37 pm

Flew $20 one way Kenmore Air Harbor to Lake Union this afternoon. Spectacular urban scenery flying low. 6 minute flight. Recommended! ^
Old Jul 12, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Flew $20 one way Kenmore Air Harbor to Lake Union this afternoon. Spectacular urban scenery flying low. 6 minute flight. Recommended! ^
Nice! My day is today! How was check in? Did they say anything about you just flying that short hop? Was the flight full?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:12 pm

Nice! My day is today! How was check in? Did they say anything about you just flying that short hop? Was the flight full?
1968 Beaver, 7 seats occupied incl the pilot: 3 pax connecting to other destinations, 1 off duty pilot, myself and another sightseer. Checkin was an irritating 40min prior, though not everyone was respecting it. "Sure is nicer than a taxi ride!" was the only checkin comment, which was accurate as the I5 was well crowded getting into the city as we flew over it.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Flew my roundtrip quickie and it was awesome! I got shotgun both ways so it was amazing. Flight to kenmore had four people (pilot, myself, and a couple). This flight was on a beaver. Flight back was just the pilot and myself in an otter. The views were amazing especially the flight back to seattle. Flight to kenmore was delayed about 30min so I was kinda of worried I was going to miss the flight back which was supposed to depart 35min later. As soon as I landed in kenmore, I went to the check in office where they said that the pilot was waiting for me for the flight back.

All in all, $40 well spent, absolutely no regrets.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
All in all, $40 well spent, absolutely no regrets.
^ ^
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Just took my one way to kenmore today. Ended up being a private flight with just my dad and I. A fun way to try a float plane. Got dropped off at lake union we raced each other to get to kenmore. Ended up getting there at the same time as the flight left a good 15-20 min early since we were the only pax
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:24 am

Finally, more than 1 year later, got my chance for the flight. Booked 2 roundtrip tickets for my son and I for fly Lake Union to Lake Washington and back. It was $20/person o/w, so $80 total.

When we showed up to check-in the agent said they had seats available on their 20 minute Seattle tour and they would change us to it for free. We jumped at that and got to ride in the first row. The pilot was great with my 3 year old and when we mentioned we would be visiting the Museum of Flight afterwards he flew down and skimmed the Boeing Field runway right by the Museum before heading back.

Everything about it was a fantastic experience.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Kenmore Air Harbor's airport code is actually S60.

I don't see this bookable anywhere, is it a shuttle bus service? I know they operate a few between airports in Seattle.
I enjoyed reading this thread, sounds great fun. I had no idea that airport codes now contain numbers, like airline codes. Are these still IATA codes? There are a lot of small German airports which do not have IATA codes, as well as Dübendorf near Zurich in Switzerland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.