Downgrade in seat pitch - compensation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, LH Miles & More, AF/KLM Flying Blue, Le Club Accorhotels, Tesco Clubcard

Hi all

I recently travelled MAN - YYZ - MAN on Thomas Cook Airlines' service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cook_Airlines).

On the way back (YYZ - MAN), the aircraft was downgraded for technical reasons such that we had 31" f leg room instead of the advertised 35".
This made for quite a cramped and uncomfortable overnight, TATL flight.

I have raised the issue with the airline's Customer Service Department, but they don't want to know (just got their reply today...).

Do you think any sort of compensation (at least as a gesture of goodwill...) is due or am I being unreasonable?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:14 pm

How was the 35" pitch advertised?

If that was a major selling point, you definitely deserve compensation.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Still, while it sucked - you paid for Economy, you got Economy. I don't think you'll have much of a claim with regard to EU regulations etc as it wasn't a downgrade in class. If ThomsonFly aren't bringing it forward I guess you could go down the small claims route, or if paid by CC look into a chargeback as what you paid for wasn't exactly provided - however, I'd also doubt that the latter would succeed either as you for from A to B. I'd imagine ThomsonFly's conditions of carriage allow them to equipment swap etc etc - and when you bought a ticket, you would have had to agree to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.