Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spirit Air's Big Front Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Originally Posted by lafemmeriante
Hi! FT Newbie here and first-time Spirit flyer (next weekend). How likely is the BFS to be still available on the day of the flight, and how much cheaper will it be (do you think)? I'm flying the A319 from DFW to SJD at 7am on a Saturday morning. I'm not a big girl, but I'm just about 5'9" and it's a 2.5 hour flight. Right now the seats show a $50 fee per flight, and I don't know if it's worth it to upgrade!
It will depend on what aircraft is flying your route. If it is an A320 there are only 4 BFS. It's a gamble you'll have to take. I wouldn't as the economy seat pitch is VERY tight.

Last edited by ERJ_12B; Jul 26, 2014 at 3:25 pm Reason: Correct aircraft type
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lafemmeriante
Hi! FT Newbie here and first-time Spirit flyer (next weekend). How likely is the BFS to be still available on the day of the flight, and how much cheaper will it be (do you think)? I'm flying the A319 from DFW to SJD at 7am on a Saturday morning. I'm not a big girl, but I'm just about 5'9" and it's a 2.5 hour flight. Right now the seats show a $50 fee per flight, and I don't know if it's worth it to upgrade!
Oops, just wanted to respond and realized you've already taken the flight. Tell us how it went.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ERJ_12B
It will depend on what aircraft is flying your route. If it is an A319 there are only 4 BFS. It's a gamble you'll have to take. I wouldn't as the economy seat pitch is VERY tight.
A320 is the one with 4 seats.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
A320 is the one with 4 seats.
You are correct, sorry for any confusion.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just done two sectors on the A319 with Spirit (TPA-ACY-TPA for the Queen Concert) and we took the BFSs both times for $60 each person each way. It made a huge difference. Very similar seat in terms of size and comfort to AA domestic F on their 737 and 757. Both sectors were bang on time. Great all round. I would imagine things could get a bit ugly during IRROPS though.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by mnscout
Oops, just wanted to respond and realized you've already taken the flight. Tell us how it went.
Trip is tomorrow, I bit the bullet and upgraded ($50/way), but a friend I'm traveling with didn't. We'll see if there are seats left when we get to the gate and if so how much they'll charge at the gate for them!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:04 pm

How was your flight? How did your friend make out with trying to get a bfs? Did you get to board first since you purchased a bfs? TIA
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Big Front Seat Recline?

Question: Do the Big Front Seats still recline and by what pitch?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Question: Do the Big Front Seats still recline and by what pitch?
No, they do not recline.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
No, they do not recline.
Since when? In my fight to Denver earlier this month they did.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ERJ_12B
Since when? In my fight to Denver earlier this month they did.
I don't know. Maybe it was just my seat on both trips? I only have very limited experience of the fleet.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by trigleek
If you have a BFS bulkhead seat, where can you put your personal item? Or do you have to pay extra $$$ to put it overhead?
Once you're on the plane with your stuff, you don't have to worry about paying to put anything overhead. Just find space, and put your bag there. Tends to be a lot of space because of the carry on fees.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:23 am

Trying Spirit for the first time in March for a long weekend LAX-CLE-LAX trip (unless I get cold feet and cancel before 24 hours are up ha).

After reading this thread, I paid $50 each way for a BFS.

I'm fairly small for a guy (5'6 and 130 lbs) and am normally a cheapskate, so I feel guilty about doing that. But my flight to CLE is a red-eye, and I don't want my short time in CLE ruined by not getting any sleep on that flight. On the return to LAX, 5 hours seemed like a long time to be stuck in a non-reclining normal seat.

Plus, reserving a non-middle seat would have cost a minimum of $12 for each leg anyways, so paying the extra $38 to get a BFS seemed like a tremendous value to me. Am I being too extravagant?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by TopThrill182
Am I being too extravagant?
Hello TopThrill182 and a warm welcome to Flyertalk.

You're not being extravagant in my opinion although you are creating a potential problem for yourself as you'll not be happy with a regular seat on any airline any longer. Welcome to the slippery slope of premium travel. Enjoy your flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.