Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Budget | Fastbreak (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

credit card covers car rental bought with coupons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

i am trying to rent a budget car( intermediate SUV) for few days and driving few days to canada( allowed). I am getting a good deal if i use budget discount codes but will AMEX or VISA cover any damage? will the LDW work if i booked the reservation using codes?
I am declining the car rental's LDW. for liablity, i am using my GEICO insurance.
is the PREMIUM CAR RENTAL for $25 sold by AMEX is worth purchasing?
any knowledge or experience in this?
thanks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jonny1
i am trying to rent a budget car( intermediate SUV) for few days and driving few days to canada( allowed). I am getting a good deal if i use budget discount codes but will AMEX or VISA cover any damage? will the LDW work if i booked the reservation using codes?
I am declining the car rental's LDW. for liablity, i am using my GEICO insurance.
is the PREMIUM CAR RENTAL for $25 sold by AMEX is worth purchasing?
any knowledge or experience in this?
thanks
Credit cards cover when you use coupons.
Don't use amex use visa they say amex is secondary insurance.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by superflyer1
Credit cards cover when you use coupons.
Don't use amex use visa they say amex is secondary insurance.
I am not so sure, for example, the AMEX free collision insurance terms state that it only applies when the reservation is fully paid with the AMEX. This would seem to exclude "free" rentals. If anyone has direct experience I would love to hear about it.

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: AC
what about if your redeeming rental company points? Do you need to buy the insurance? If so, it kinda lowers the value of any "free" rental you might get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.