Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair board approves TATL plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles

Do you think it'll happen this time? I'd certainly like it but I wonder if this is just more publicity...

http://jansaviation.com/news.php?art...-transatlantic
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Damn, imagine being stuck in their tiny non reclining seats with no entertainment and having to pay through the nose for food, water and probably a blanket. *shudders*

Don't honestly care if they did offer it for £1 including taxes and fees, with all of the above plus their clientele there is no chance I will ever fly more than 1 hour flight with them.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
The current product might work if they did a day flight, in both directions, but would be hell for an overnight flight. A Jetstar style long haul product seems more likely though.

Edit: Can't say I'd look forward to arriving an airport, that is ostensibly New York City, but that you've never heard of (and is not anywhere near New York City)...

Edit 2: Yep - just read the article. They're going to copy Jeststar. It'll mean a very cheap business class seat (but very likely not lie-flat).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:38 am

I certainly hope this pans out, not that I would ever fly them on this route. Ryanair is great at one thing though - reducing competitor fares.

Have to agree with the above though - would certainly not want to be on one of their creative routings, something like London (Bristol) to New York (Brattleboro, VT).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:06 am

Might be something like Air Asia X?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:18 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-how-post.html will move this to the appropriate airline forum

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:36 pm

Oh no they're not...

Ummm... That was quick...

Ryanair forced to admit it is not considering trans-Atlantic flights after all

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...after-all.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31975456
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by chris19992
Damn, imagine being stuck in their tiny non reclining seats with no entertainment and having to pay through the nose for food, water and probably a blanket. *shudders*

Don't honestly care if they did offer it for £1 including taxes and fees, with all of the above plus their clientele there is no chance I will ever fly more than 1 hour flight with them.
Food, water, entertainment and blanket are all things you can buy and bring onboard yourself.

So the only issue you can't fix with your own money is seat-recline, which unless someone is fat or super tall isn't an issue. The low fares are great news for anyone who is a petite 5'9" and under!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by noamaan
Food, water, entertainment and blanket are all things you can buy and bring onboard yourself.

So the only issue you can't fix with your own money is seat-recline, which unless someone is fat or super tall isn't an issue. The low fares are great news for anyone who is a petite 5'9" and under!
Yup - if they offered a flight for even $10, I'd grab it in a second. Bring my laptop, smartphone, tablet, book, who knows what and food and I'm set. And I'd pay extra for an extra legroom seat
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by donmeek
Ummm... That was quick...

Ryanair forced to admit it is not considering trans-Atlantic flights after all
Not under the same PLC, but considering it anyway:

http://news.yahoo.com/confusion-over...133658611.html
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Two possible scenarios:

1. The carefully played free-publicity stunt that Ryanair does now and then

2. Too much to drink over S:t P's ?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Have to agree with the above though - would certainly not want to be on one of their creative routings, something like London (Bristol) to New York (Brattleboro, VT).
Saving grace might be, that they'd have to fly into a U.S. airport with Immigration & Customs facilities.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Saving grace might be, that they'd have to fly into a U.S. airport with Immigration & Customs facilities.
For $10, I'd happily fly that routing and spend extra money on a taxi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.