Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flybe: Avios/retrospective collection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC

I've had numerous Flybe flights since mid November. I've always included my Avios number (albeit not always at the time of booking) however, to date no points have successfully been credited to my Avios account.

I've spoken the Flybe customer service who advise that I need to wait 30 days until I submit my boarding pass details. Now after a further 3 weeks waiting still nothing!

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue and should I just give it up as a lost cause?

Cheers

Last edited by MM00LL2; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:27 am Reason: Err only 40 day window to claim missing points!!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Assume this is your avios.com scheme number you are giving (not your BAEC number).

Despite this being flybe related, I'd suggest you get this moved to the BAEC section, which also handles the Avios.com scheme. Just based upon the number of people who will see it.

If the 40 day limit is approaching, make sure you have formally lodged your claim with them and got a reference number for this, just so you say in compliance with the T&C.

(Also asusme these are pure flybe flights, not BA codeshares, etc, or codeshares/other flights operated by flybe for anyone else?)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Hi David,

Yep, I'm referring to the Avios.com membership number and all flights were Flybe and Not BA codeshare.

I follow the BA Forum quite frequently so I'm happy for this query to remain here in the appropriate section. (I'm well aware of the difference btx BA vs BE and would prefer to avoid the wrath of the BA board!)

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

For the benefit of anyone who might read this thread in future:

Key point: Submit all retrospetive Avios claims within 40 days of your return flight.
Flybe will communicate within 28 days if your "retrospective" Avios claim is successful
Note to self. Ensure all bookings are made using my Flybe profile and ensure my Avios number is populated.
Otherwise "Computer (will probably) say No"
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:39 pm

I've taken numerous flights with BE over recent months and am also yet to have a single one credit to Avios!

E-mailed FlyBE customer services about the first few, had a reply from them precisely 2 months later(!) saying that as my flights had been booked before the Avios tie up started on 27th Oct (even though travel date was after this), no Avios could be awarded - they did however credit me with FlyBE reward points instead, not that those are much use any more!

I've since flown numerous flights booked AFTER 27th Oct and at each airport have tried to ensure at check-in that my Avios number is successfully in the booking. MAN & EXT have been helpful in this regard, GLA & BHD had no idea what I was talking about! Still nothing has yet credited though...

Also worth pointing out that for some inexplicable reason FlyBE only accept digits 7-15 of your full Avios membership number, not the whole number! This un-necessary complication has probably caused confusion as well!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by MM00LL2
I follow the BA Forum quite frequently so I'm happy for this query to remain here in the appropriate section. (I'm well aware of the difference btx BA vs BE and would prefer to avoid the wrath of the BA board!)
Appreciate your POV, just to explain my thinking - while this section may be appropriate for flybe, the BAEC section is the notional/practical home for the Avios.com scheme on FT.

There are plenty of occasional flyby flyers - only using them when it suites a specific A2B journey. Any of them with Avios interests will obviously credit to Avios.com now, so my thought process was just that you are more likely to find more people with experience of doing this there, given that the BA section and that it gets far more eyeballs in front of it than this one, and potentially a few more data points. Many people don't check this section out (even flybe regulars).

Given the nature of the question, I'd doubt there would be any wrath.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Cheers David,

For the benefit of others please refer to the BA forum link below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-program.html
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Just off the phone from Flybe who now acknowledge they have a system issue with Avios numbers! Hence why some of us have thus far failed to accrue any Avios on Flybe flights since Oct '14.

I was told an email communication is imminent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.