Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in and lounge opening hours at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Check-in and lounge opening hours at JFK

Travelling in CW tomorrow (9th August) JFK-LHR on BA112 (18:20).

I was planning to be at JFK early to try out the Elemis Spa facilities and the lounge. Had planned to be at JFK between 12-13. Will I be able to check in my bags and access the lounge/spa 5-6 hours before the departure?

Can't find the opening hours for the lounge/spa on ba.com.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

There will be at least one check-in desk open during the quiet hours of the morning and afternoon.

Elemis Spa springs into action at 4pm
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Prospero
There will be at least one check-in desk open during the quiet hours of the morning and afternoon.

Elemis Spa springs into action at 4pm
This is true - but bear in mind that you'll be made to go to the Economy desks and queue up there (I know - happened to me once...).

My advice would be to have a decent lunch in New York, leave your cases (if any) with the hotel and just go back there to collect them and get to the airport a couple of hours beforehand.

BAH
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
This is true - but bear in mind that you'll be made to go to the Economy desks and queue up there (I know - happened to me once...).
That was unfortunate. When I checked in at about lunchtime, the whole place was deserted and got checked-in immediately.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:27 am
Original Poster

So even with only Economy desks open at lunchtime, they will make some sort of arragements to give CW-travellers prority in the queue??
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by jcnorway
So even with only Economy desks open at lunchtime, they will make some sort of arragements to give CW-travellers prority in the queue??
That's not my experience, no.

Do you REALLY want to spend 5 hours or so in a lounge when you could have a good lunch in NY and get to the airport with plenty of time to spare ?

BAH
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jcnorway
Nope not the case unfortunately. I made the mistake only 2 days ago. Turned up at 2pm there was no CW or First check-in open. Had to queue for 40 mins with the riff raff. Not what I expect as a Gold travelling CW!!

Last edited by duncas; Aug 9, 2009 at 6:07 am
Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Hm... maybe lunch in NYC is a better idea then... Thanks anyways for the advises.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Travelled back from JFK in CW in May and whilst the CW checkin was open at 15:00 I found that there was no Security Fast Track (although normal security was moving pretty swiftly).

We checked in at 15:00 for a flight at 19:40 (I think) .... loads of bubbly and sleeper service (very good yet again), even managed to 'sneak' into the first class lounge... but thought it left a lot to be desired... only about 5 pax in there and quite 'dark' I thought.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Arrived at JFK around 12:45 PM for our 6.20 PM flight to LHR. CW/F-desks was closed so we went over to WT check-in area. No queue at all and we checked in our bags and went through security in less than 15 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.