Wiki Posts
Search

T5-->T3 - 2hrs enough time for shower?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

T5-->T3 - 2hrs enough time for shower?

Greetings all,
Flying BA226 (ATL-LHR) tomorrow (July 1st), then BA7062/IB3175 (LHR-MAD). Flying CW/CE. Arrive T5 10:20am, depart T3 12:10pm
So, with just under 2 hrs to get through immigration, transfer terminals, security, etc. do I have enough time to hop into the arrivals lounge at T5 for a shower? I'll only have carry-on, so no luggage to pick up.

No status with BA, etc., so will be checking ba97.com to see if someone can guest a friend I'm meeting up with at LHR T3, that's on the same LHR-MAD flight, but he's in Y. That's if there's even time for that.

Thanks for any advice/help. First time flying Club World. Looking forward to it!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
Greetings all,
Flying BA226 (ATL-LHR) tomorrow (July 1st), then BA7062/IB3175 (LHR-MAD). Flying CW/CE. Arrive T5 10:20am, depart T3 12:10pm
So, with just under 2 hrs to get through immigration, transfer terminals, security, etc. do I have enough time to hop into the arrivals lounge at T5 for a shower? I'll only have carry-on, so no luggage to pick up.

No status with BA, etc., so will be checking ba97.com to see if someone can guest a friend I'm meeting up with at LHR T3, that's on the same LHR-MAD flight, but he's in Y. That's if there's even time for that.

Thanks for any advice/help. First time flying Club World. Looking forward to it!
I thought you could bring a guest in to the Galleries if both on the same flight?

I would pop to the arrivals lounge and if showers are busy forget it, if not dive in and out!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by globalste
I thought you could bring a guest in to the Galleries if both on the same flight?
Eh? Being a Club pax with no status doesn't entitle you to a guest anywhere and never has. F is another matter.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do-able if your inbound is on time. I did 1h45 to T5-T1 airside and had time to kill in the BD lounge despite the various inefficiencies of an airside transit.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Eh? Being a Club pax with no status doesn't entitle you to a guest anywhere and never has. F is another matter.
Hmm, wonder which airline it was that happened with then...

although now i think about it, i dont think ive ever had a club ticket, no status and needed to take a guest in.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Do-able if your inbound is on time.
Just checked and last night's flight got in almost an hour late. I think I'll be happy to just make it to the other flight.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Is there no shower at T3 Galleries?

If there is, there shouldn't be any need to go through immigration and can just go to the flight connection and take the airside transfer bus from T5?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is there no shower at T3 Galleries?
My undestanding is that there will only be showers at T3 once they open the spa later this year. But I could be wrong. Would definitely prefer the flight connections option then...
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I did an mid morning T5-T3 airside transfer a couple of weeks ago and security at the T3 Flight Connections Centre was rammed. Took about 20 mins to clear and there is no fast track there to speed you along.

If on the day, you are confident you have time to shower at T5, I would recommend doing some prep work in advance. Familiarise yourself with the HEX schedule and allocate yourself no less than 45 minutes from train's arrival time at the T3 HEX platform to to get the gate.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. At this stage I'll probably head directly to T3 via flight connections unless we manage to get in very early.
Luckilly on the return I have a few more hours, so will enjoy the T5 lounge(s) as much as possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.