Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Sign in using an external account

Old May 24, 09, 5:03 pm   #1

Window views not obstructed by the wings on a 737-400

Hi all

The seat map on Expert Flyer shows rows 8 -16 to be directly adjacent to the wings, but on Seatguru, the 737-400 map has only rows 1 -4, and possibly 5 ahead of the wings

Seems unlikely I will get a good window view (and one of the Club Europe seats) at the front on Domestic from GLA - LGW for my flight, it is showing rows 1 and 2 blocked, and seats B, C, E and F in row 3 as being occupied

Seat A in row 3, and row 4 may still be available at T24, but should I settle for the rear of the cabin to be safe of a window view?

Thanks
alasdair_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 09, 5:55 pm   #2

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
alasdair_m..
A couple of pointers.... CE seating with enhanced leg-room is back to row 13 on the 737-400.
Exit row is 11 (doesn't recline, extra space) and row 12 (extra space and does recline)
Row 10 does not recline. (But row 9 can recline, squishing passengers in row 10!)
Row 7 only has a partial window as avionics run thro' this area.
I think that the seats on the Left are marginally narrower, but this could be my perception from the old convertible seating days.
You get a very good window view from about row 18 back, but you have to balance this with reduced leg-room, noise, longer to get off, etc.
IF view is really important, do OLCI and see what is on offer... If a window row 5 or forward is available, grab it and print a boarding card.... If not, you could pick a seat towards the back, DON'T print boarding pass, and check OLCI again before travel.... If a better seat has become available, grab it. Better seats often come up because business types often change flights etc.
On a recent (INV)- EDI-LGW flight, I was travelling on an Airmiles ticket, and at OLCI it offered me row 22 with the first seven rows blocked. I managed to get to about row 17... I later checked OLCI and row 2F had opened up, which was greatfully received.
Have a good flight and enjoy the views if it isn't raining!!!
Skipcool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 09, 4:49 pm   #3

Just had a look on expert flyer for my flight on Saturday, it is showing seats D, E and F, from row 10 right through to row 25 as being 'blocked'

alasdair_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 09, 12:04 am   #4

Programs: BA Silver
deleted

Last edited by gonesouth; Jun 1, 09 at 9:15 am. Reason: I must read the post first before talking bollox
gonesouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 09, 4:46 am   #5

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
No CE on Domestics.
The flight might be being edited by ops. or special services / groups to arrange block seating or similar
Don't worry, everything should open up 24 hrs before travel.
Skipcool3 is offline   Reply With Quote