Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to Vegas!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
BA to Vegas!

Looks like we will have to wait until Monday for an official announcement but BA are starting Vegas direct

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...ice-las-vegas/
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...9-1686018.html

Apparently on a 4 class 777 from LHR.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Blue & Silver again!! Monarch Vantage GOLD!!!! HiltonHonors Gold
Fantastic news
Old May 17, 2009, 4:29 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Excellent! Hopefully this will be a successful new route for BA.

I am sure that SRB will be opening a bottle of champagne (care: VS do not have that many IME ) to celebrate, as we know that he is a strong believer in competition and choice for the passenger and hates airlines operating in a monopoly....

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...as-vegas-route

but note the mention of a 3 cabin 777.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; May 17, 2009 at 4:33 am Reason: To add link to Business Traveller article.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:30 am

Excellent, that will fill the gap left by BMI's departure from this route last month. ^
Old May 17, 2009, 4:30 am

Exciting stuff indeed..!!

But on here it only mentions 3 class.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/45249642.html

Ah well, we'll see.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: MUCCI
Awaits the posting by Joseph and his amazing technicolour LAS VEGAS posts...
Old May 17, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Excellent!

I am sure that SRB will be opening a bottle of champagne (care: VS do not have that many)
you're too right last time I was on a VS flight they ran out of Champagne somewhere over Western Ireland and the service director made an executive decision to chill the duty free bottles they were supposed to be selling!
Old May 17, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HighLife
... the service director made an executive decision to chill the duty free bottles they were supposed to be selling!
Yes, I was also impressed when the senior crew member did the same somewhere near the equator on the way to JNB.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Commenting on the new route Richard Tams, BA's head of sales UK and Ireland said: "We know how to fly high rollers in style and we will be the only airline to fly non-stop from Terminal 5. It is the ace in our pack and we are going to play it for all its worth."
Three things.

1) Great! Glad it's a LHR route too ^

2) "...the only airline to fly to LAS non-stop from T5". Captain Obvious to the resuce?

3) "We know how to fly high rollers in style". Wouldn't the high rollers want "F" on their BP?
Old May 17, 2009, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Woo hoo!!!^^

Regards

TBS
Old May 17, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Echo J
Three things.

1) Great! Glad it's a LHR route too ^

2) "...the only airline to fly to LAS non-stop from T5". Captain Obvious to the resuce?

3) "We know how to fly high rollers in style". Wouldn't the high rollers want "F" on their BP?
Lets hope on some decent flight times - would be nice to have a late depature from LHR (say around 1500) leaving LAS then late in the evening / night. Be kind on connections from Europe!!

I think BA will be banking on a lot of Europeans using this route because VS out of Gatwick is almost impossibile to use as a connecting service
Old May 17, 2009, 4:52 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I have to say the timing of this new route is weird. Vegas' economy is by far one of the worst hit in the US and tourism is down massively. There must be some sort of subsidy that's behind this route.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:52 am

Programs: MUCCI
This is good news as I've thought for a long time that this was one of the most impotant missing links in the USA (New Orleans is the other one - loads of conferences there).

I hope that they aren't going to get rid of PHX though as this is very, very close by and I have a meeting there early next year! I also suspect that if they have LAS daily, PHX 5x/wk, SFO 2x/day and LAX 2-3x/day the 3rd daily to LAX may get dropped.

FD
Old May 17, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Champagne will be flowing in Cardiff celebrating this news methinks from the one FTer who has been going on about this for the longest.

Last edited by KenJohn; May 17, 2009 at 5:38 am
Old May 17, 2009, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
This is good news as I've thought for a long time that this was one of the most impotant missing links in the USA (New Orleans is the other one - loads of conferences there).

I hope that they aren't going to get rid of PHX though as this is very, very close by and I have a meeting there early next year! I also suspect that if they have LAS daily, PHX 5x/wk, SFO 2x/day and LAX 2-3x/day the 3rd daily to LAX may get dropped.

FD
You're probably right on the LAX point - especially as its served by 747's. I think LAX - LAS is 250 miles, but have to say that I'm redeeming points for a F one way lhr - lax beginning July and wasn't easy finding space

AF serve LAX 3x/day from CDG so I'm sure they'll think twice before dropping a flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.