Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

50% bonus transfer from RBC Avion to BA Miles [bonus is back May/June 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% bonus transfer from RBC Avion to BA Miles [bonus is back May/June 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by pokee
I am not really sure how sadiqhassan paid such low fees/taxes on the YYZ-HKG round trip. I've redeemed Avios on CX for YVR-JFK and had to pay $160 (and that's not even overseas).

Regardless, I agree that in general BA Avios are a MUCH better deal - esp. short haul, US domestic on AS ($5 taxes, anyone?!). My family has a boatload of Aeroplans and can't think of a way to use them without forking out the massive taxes/fees! And then there's the cancellation fee...ugh.

I'll be getting an RBC Avion soon, since it seems to be the only way to earn some bonus Avios anymore -- I think it's safe to say the Amex transfer bonus has gone bye-bye...
You can also transfer ap miles via esso to a pooled esso account by said ap members and then on transfer to one of those persons rbc avion then to BA. When the bonus is on, it's 1:1. I've extracted about 200000 aeroplan points this way.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by mkjr
You can also transfer ap miles via esso to a pooled esso account by said ap members and then on transfer to one of those persons rbc avion then to BA. When the bonus is on, it's 1:1. I've extracted about 200000 aeroplan points this way.
Are you referring to a bonus from Esso to RBC? I see 2500 Esso for 1500 RBC points. And I get 34,300 Esso points or so for 30,000 Aeroplan points. I know we've got the 50% on and this time I'm doing the transfer so that I have the Avios to book when July 2016 inventory comes available.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bluefan75
Are you referring to a bonus from Esso to RBC? I see 2500 Esso for 1500 RBC points. And I get 34,300 Esso points or so for 30,000 Aeroplan points. I know we've got the 50% on and this time I'm doing the transfer so that I have the Avios to book when July 2016 inventory comes available.
No. This rBC to Ba bonus. Run the numbers with 20000 miles from ap to esso to rbc and then to BA at 1.5. I've shown it before here so you could search also and should be able to find it.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:41 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Looks like this promotion is back, although the conversion rate is reduced to 30% (from 50% in the past)

https://www.rbcrewards.com/convert-points.html?tab=ba

Special British Airways Executive Club offer for RBC Avion® cardholders+! Convert your RBC Rewards points into Avios and receive 30% more◊. Offer valid from November 1, 2015 to December 15, 2015. Convert your points today! RBC Avion cardholders and clients who hold other eligible RBC Royal Bank products or services that earn RBC Rewards points†, have the option of converting their RBC Rewards points to Avios◊. As a member of the British Airways Executive Club they can spend them on a range of rewards, including flights with BA and their oneworld® partners, flight upgrades, hotel accommodation and car rental¤.

You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club‡ in order to convert your points. For enrolment information, visit British Airways online at www.ba.com/executiveclub (opens new window).
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Looks like this promotion is back, although the conversion rate is reduced to 30% (from 50% in the past)

https://www.rbcrewards.com/convert-points.html?tab=ba
Oh man, only 30%?! I guess that just shows you the state of the points world in Canada at the moment...even the guaranteed transfer bonuses that have been solid for years are starting to get shaved down. Bummer...

Oh well, I need to transfer these points before I downgrade my RBC card again to avoid the AF...I suppose 30% is better than nothing.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:54 pm

Oh man, only 30%?! I guess that just shows you the state of the points world in Canada at the moment...even the guaranteed transfer bonuses that have been solid for years are starting to get shaved down. Bummer...

Oh well, I need to transfer these points before I downgrade my RBC card again to avoid the AF...I suppose 30% is better than nothing.
Yup, blame the weak Canadian dollar. Costs RBC more to buy Avios.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Yup, blame the weak Canadian dollar. Costs RBC more to buy Avios.
I figured that! I'm glad I got the 50% transfer back in June!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:40 am

I figured that! I'm glad I got the 50% transfer back in June!
I was on the fence about the bonus back in June and was going to move about 100K AP over to BA despite their devaluations....

I wish there was some better Avion AA bonuses but I suspect I am going to suck up the 30% bonus.

I now have 2, 2:4:1's with my BA card.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:41 am

anyone happen to notice when points.com put a cap on 100K transfers from AP to Esso per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.