Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service standards to expect in WT+?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by BA1A
So my hope of getting a NetJets card from my darling wife for my next birthday may not be lost after all, especially if she can negotiate a hefty discount ^

Can't see them going out of business as they have the might (and financial backing) of Berkshire Hathaway behind them.
Well, one can dream, can't one... ^

Is that like an HMV gift card then???
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Is that like an HMV gift card then???
A bit more exclusive than that - more like an iTunes card
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Why would you actually want a NJ card though? Surely it's a nice feeling ploughing all your spend into a BA (GGL) account up to 4500 TPs a year and reaping the MANY benefits?

OK, so perhaps you end up earning over 4500 TPs in a year BA1A, and therefore consider the extra TPs wasted? I know the feeling, as I've exceeded 5K TPs in the last couple of years, and it's a tad annoying that the next level is Prem and thats unlikely to be awarded to me, for now at least ... but that still wouldn't push me towards private air travel. After 4500, I will choose to fly outside OW and see what the competition is like more often.

I have found private air travel rather boring the very few times I have done it... I actually like airports and seeing other travelers. I once flew private long haul with a client, and the drinks and food were not as good as BA F as it happens!

As for the environmental impact of private air travel... I find it hard enough justifying the amount of air travel I do currently, but at least it is public transport! ^

Does NJ have a loyalty scheme? Am I missing something?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by HighLife
Why would you actually want a NJ card though? Surely it's a nice feeling ploughing all your spend into a BA (GGL) account up to 4500 TPs a year and reaping the MANY benefits?

OK, so perhaps you end up earning over 4500 TPs in a year BA1A, and therefore consider the extra TPs wasted? I know the feeling, as I've exceeded 5K TPs in the last couple of years, and it's a tad annoying that the next level is Prem and thats unlikely to be awarded to me, for now at least ... but that still wouldn't push me towards private air travel. After 4500, I will choose to fly outside OW and see what the competition is like more often.

Does NJ have a loyalty scheme? Am I missing something?
Just one of those things I have always wanted and my wife says she never knows what to buy me. I think it would be very useful for holidays in Europe.

Last year I did get over 4500 TPs and agree it's frustrating there is nothing after that and like you I am never likely to get a Prem card.

I don't know if NJ have a loyalty scheme but the card is loaded with 25 hours of flying time that you then use up like a normal debit card each time you want to make a booking.

http://www.netjets.com/netjets_progr...s_jet_card.asp
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know this is seriously detracting from the original topic.... but....

I have flown Private... sort of...

Was on a CPH there and back, not long after I started with BA.
On push-back in CPH, the starter motor in the Right Engine blew and obviously we were then Tech.

No spare in CPH, so had to wait for the next service from LON to bring out a spare, but the next one had just left. So, it was then the one after that. Eventually, after nearly 6 hours, it arrived, was fitted and fixed in an hour.
All passengers had been accommodated on other services, so we flew home Empty. A whole A321 for the 6 of us... was fantastic! Flight Deck door could be left open, and really really made for a fantastic atmosphere. With the delay, we had moved the return Club catering to the back galley and put it in the chilled stowage, so we had that to have on the way home... top banana!

And the bit I did not mention to the rest of the crew was, that I was on overtime... Woops!

So, can that class as a sort of "Self Service" Private flying?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 1:29 pm

When I was crew .... 3 yrs ago now as a CSD I drummed into my crew that call bells should always be answered.

As for the pile of glasses and a bottle of water.... just try navigating a dark aisle wi bags and other shite in the aisle when offering a tray of oj and water . That is better than going a over t like I have done many times.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loobtastic
As for the pile of glasses and a bottle of water.... just try navigating a dark aisle wi bags and other shite in the aisle when offering a tray of oj and water . That is better than going a over t like I have done many times.
Ha ha ha... what a way to be woken up... A tray of juice and water over your head!

We have been provided with little clip on torches now to navigate the obstacle course that is a night flight isle!

VERY best of lick with the rest of your training!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Originally Posted by loobtastic
--snip--
Just for the record, this was a DAYTIME flight (LHR-JFK) where they did the "juice run" with just a large bottle of water and stack of cups. Couldn't see any good reason not to offer a tray with cups of water and juice, as normal.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by BA1A
Can't see them going out of business as they have the might (and financial backing) of Berkshire Hathaway behind them.
Mmmm...

NEW YORK, March 13 (Reuters) - Credit protection costs for Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKa.N) are trading on par with those of emerging market nations Turkey, Colombia and Peru.

In a sign that investor perception of risk for Berkshire has fallen to levels matching developing countries, five-year credit default swaps of Berkshire Hathaway fell on Friday to 417 basis points, or $417,000 a year to protect $10 million of debt, from 438 basis points at Thursday's close, according to data from CMA DataVision.

Credit protection costs for emerging markets such as the Republic of Turkey and Colombia are trading at about 438 basis points and 452 basis points, respectively, while Peru's five-year CDS trades at about 421 basis points.

Berkshire Hathaway lost its top "AAA" credit rating from Fitch Ratings barely hours after Standard & Poor's cut General Electric Co's (GE.N) top-tier rating on Thursday, marking the latest American corporate titans hurt by the global financial crisis.

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssF...43881220090313
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: ba,VIRGIN
I have travelled twice on WT+ to LAX with the MRS.I am 15 st and I found the seat width a bit tight for me -would have preferred to have a seat option to take the middle bit out and share the other seat.
What annoyed me on both trips was the fact we got served last as we were at the back and they ran out of meal options ie we dont eat beef and they only had beef left !

I am travelling to SIN on WT+ next month -some kind soul on this site told me the menu -hopefully they will not run out this time !
Old Mar 18, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dundalkspur
I have travelled twice on WT+ to LAX with the MRS.I am 15 st and I found the seat width a bit tight for me -would have preferred to have a seat option to take the middle bit out and share the other seat.
What annoyed me on both trips was the fact we got served last as we were at the back and they ran out of meal options ie we dont eat beef and they only had beef left !

I am travelling to SIN on WT+ next month -some kind soul on this site told me the menu -hopefully they will not run out this time !
WT+ customers should always get their choice of meal. If the crew don't have enough of any type of hot then they get the required number from the Traveller cabin, not simply refuse you.... Sounds like another lazy sod who couldn't be bothered to go down the back to get more hots!!!

Taken from BA.COM, W/T+ description

"On all flights, you can look forward to a three-course meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on your flight time. We always provide a choice of entrée designed by leading chefs, and we have special meals to accommodate your tastes and dietary requirements - from gluten free to kosher."

W/T description

"They're always on hand to offer you refreshments from our complimentary bar service, as well as tasty meals three course meals perfectly suited to your flight time and designed by leading chefs."

Note the difference, the missing "We always provide a choice" phrase in the W/T description. If you don't get offered a choice in W/T+ ask to speak to the Purser or CSD as you should be getting the choice...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.