Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Difference in Fare buckets I vs. J, C, D, R

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difference in Fare buckets I vs. J, C, D, R

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
The following is valid for ex UK but may not be valid for other POS.
Indeed fare conditions are completely depending on your point of departure, and are usually different depending on the destination e.g. different for intra-Europe, North America, Asia, etc. In many countries a D (or C) fare can be already fully flexible for some destinations. If you select 'fully flexible' you will get a D/C class ticket if the availability is there in that case.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by frankvb
Indeed fare conditions are completely depending on your point of departure, and are usually different depending on the destination e.g. different for intra-Europe, North America, Asia, etc. In many countries a D (or C) fare can be already fully flexible for some destinations. If you select 'fully flexible' you will get a D/C class ticket if the availability is there in that case.
This used to be the case in Qatar. C was fully flex and so was A. No longer. But D is refundable with GBP 100 penalty.

Fortunately R and I (which now seem to be sale fares) are flexible for a GBP 100 fee.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:40 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by globalste
Is that really $3685 for a return ticket to Sydney?!
Yes (subject availability).

2644 GBP + 385 GBP taxes & surcharges, via SIN.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by johnny5a
A couple points about R:
- you cannot assign seats if you're without status.
If people want to book low fares and assign seats just booked with a PSA - job done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.