Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What was that wine in F? I want to buy it for Christmas!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Does anybody have the wine list for October F to Narita? There was a white pudding wine - New World by memory - that was delicious and the gf loved.

If anybody can identify it, I (and she) will be very grateful!

I don't know why Jancis Robinson and BA don't make more of out of her advisory role and put her choices on the website....
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:40 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by rtah100
Does anybody have the wine list for October F to Narita? There was a white pudding wine - New World by memory - that was delicious and the gf loved.

I don't know why Jancis Robinson and BA don't make more of out of her advisory role and put her choices on the website....
From the December F wine list:

Chivite Coleccion 125 Vendimia Tardia 2007.
This lovely sweet wine has fragrant scents of peach, pear and orange marmalade with flavours of arange supported by hints of vanilla.
It is made from Moscatel grapes grown in some of Chivite's finest vineyards.

If this is the same as October, I don't know.

bjorns
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Bingo! Thanks very much.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
its good value too^
http://www.everywine.co.uk/every-win...f-bottles.html
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Sorry to be a pain - do you have the December list for LHR-NYC and the white bordeaux (Haut Brion, I think) which was also very good - even for someone who doesn't like white!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Moonbeam - it's under £15/bottle with Waitrose Wine. Not up to a whole case, yet....
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Moonbeam - it's under £15/bottle with Waitrose Wine. Not up to a whole case, yet....
maybe i drink too much
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Sorry to be a pain - do you have the December list for LHR-NYC and the white bordeaux (Haut Brion, I think) which was also very good - even for someone who doesn't like white!
'Chateau Larrivet Haut-Brion 2005, Pessac-Leognan.
Great white Bordeaux is one of the worlds finest wines - and often one of the most underated.
Chateau Larrivet Haut-Brion is one of the very best producers in this region and 2005 was a simply stunning vintage.
The wine has extraordinary depth of flavour and concentration while retaining an almost playful lightness of touch and refreshing lemon acidity.'

bjorns
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Bjorns, sir, you are a oenological miracle.

Moonbeam, you're clearly a medical miracle.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:02 am

Bjorns, sir, you are a oenological miracle.
A copy of the First Menu happened to end up in my handluggage while manically getting my stuff together before leaving the aircraft after a JFK - LHR flight on Sunday morning.

bjorns
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: BA GGLfL

I have previously emailed Jancis Robinson (Google her) to ask about a wine I particularly enjoyed in F. She was particularly swift and helpful in replying.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
There is only one bottle left of the Chivete in the Canary Wharf Waitrose - someone bought the other four last week (using the £10 Daily Mail voucher)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.