Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's left for F passengers flying out of T4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:12 am
phb
Original Poster

Title says it all really. I'm flying F to BKK next week and with the move to T5 for most of the flights, whay's left for T4 passengers flying in the evening?

Can you still get a massage?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

F check in, Fastrack and preflight dining in the Gate 1 lounge. No spa, so no massage.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:30 am

Access to T5 CR arr. intl at T5, but holding a F BP ex T4 ?

The title is the question.

Will I - arriving internationally in CE ex EU at T5 and departing same day from T4 on BA F to BKK - be admitted to the T5 CR (four hours between flights, so ample transfer time) or will Flight Connection Security at T5 already have prevented me from entering the departure area of T5 ?

Thank you for any clarification.

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche

Not much and you will get a miserable sub-standard F experience compared to T5 I am afraid.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by juan516

Will I - arriving internationally in CE ex EU at T5 and departing same day from T4 on BA F to BKK - be admitted to the T5 CR (four hours between flights, so ample transfer time) or will Flight Connection Security at T5 already have prevented me from entering the departure area of T5 ?

Cheers.
You will not be able to get access as your onward flight is from T4.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by juan516

Cheers.
You can only get to T5 lounges if your onward flight is from T5. Transfer bus to T4 it is I am afraid!
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:45 am

It beggers belief to be honest. I mean, the routes out of T4 are some of the flagship destinations, yet the ground service as been wound down, with no end in sight given the move to T3 seemingly postponed indefinitely.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:03 am
phb
Original Poster

Wow, this looks pretty bad. Is there even an F area (with F dining and booze) in the lounge?

Or is it all mixed in with the normal club lounge? Should I be composing my letter of complaint now?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by phb
Wow, this looks pretty bad. Is there even an F area (with F dining and booze) in the lounge?

Or is it all mixed in with the normal club lounge?
No - just pre-flight dining! For the rest you have to rub shoulders with the hoi-polloi!

Never mind once you board and turn left...............
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:09 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Nope. There is a pre-flight dining area which looks salvaged from the T4 CCR however. Champagne is now placed out near the chef's theatre, so I recommend you get your money's worth. But all the good booze has been decamped to the T5 CCR (and not, indeed, the Galleries First). The atmosphere in the terminal itself is eerie and unpleasant. Dead dead dead.

If originating the trip in London, aim to arrive as soon as possible to departure. Fortunately, security should be a breeze.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Which is why we booked to HKG rather than to BKK
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Very disappointing, not looking to forward to the T4 experience when we fly to SYD next month
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have the same question about T3....taking a flight to Spain next year and wondering what is left in regards to lounges and services. All answers ( including YouFirst) have been very vague.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing has moved to T3 yet, and may not to do until late 2009. In which case it will be T1 and the old Gate 5 Terraces.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Nothing has moved to T3 yet, and may not to do until late 2009. In which case it will be T1 and the old Gate 5 Terraces.
MAD flights (and presumably other current T1 departures) move from T1 > T3 on 27th Feb. AFAIK the AA lounges are used until the BA Lounges get completed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.