Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Timing/mechanics of former NA Silver - EU Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus

Facts:
- Tomorrow is my membership year end (8/1).
- EU silver now (moved on Monday) - 20 more TPs to Gold.
- Back to LHR from CPT in Z (120 TPs) today - segment and booking will be complete tonight.

Seeing that MFU TPs and miles tend not to post for a few days, and often incorrectly, should I email YouFirst (tonight or tomorrow?) to make sure the TPs will be credited properly and the promotion done in time?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
If you F ticket is in Z, then you won't receive any TPs.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
If the Z is upgrade from a paid Club fare, e.g., I, then the 120 points should be rewarded. I have also seen in the MMB beforehand that such a Z would result in nil points, but that will not be the final case. There is a glitch in the system.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
In case the flight posts incorrectly as 0 miles & TPs, just call your local BAEC service centre and ask them to correct it. As the TPs are earned before the end of the membership year (no matter when they post) everything should be fine after that.

I've just had an I class flight flown in F (op-up) post with 0 miles & TPs, and called to have this corrected.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Thanks for the replies

It was a paid-CW MFU'd to Z - 120 TPs are in order.

Will try YouFirst tomorrow.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Capricorn70
Thanks for the replies

It was a paid-CW MFU'd to Z - 120 TPs are in order.

Will try YouFirst tomorrow.
Hope the elevation to Gold goes smoothly - and that your flight to LHR was also smooth.

The OH changes to Gold later this month after a forthcoming trip, so I would be interested to know how long it takes for your account status to change and receive your new card, please.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:27 am
Original Poster

TPs and miles posted correctly day after a Z segment SHOCKER!

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Hope the elevation to Gold goes smoothly - and that your flight to LHR was also smooth.

The OH changes to Gold later this month after a forthcoming trip, so I would be interested to know how long it takes for your account status to change and receive your new card, please.
TF - the flight was fine thanks, except for a 3-hr delay (due to the incoming flight having gone tech the night before, and the AVOD going berserk)

Just checked my account and things are in order^, except it still says I'm silver

How long does it usually for the promotion go through? Is it automatic?

Flying in A back home tomorrow (first day of my new membership year) - I trust those miles and TPs will count towards Gold level?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
My experience in a similar situation was that my account took around 3 days to tick from silver to gold. I took a flight during that 3 day period and after a bit of a grumble managed to get the tier points posted.

Initially they posted and then got wiped as the account was reset to gold. You'll just need to be persistant in following up with BAEC if that happens to you.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newshound
My experience in a similar situation was that my account took around 3 days to tick from silver to gold. I took a flight during that 3 day period and after a bit of a grumble managed to get the tier points posted.

Initially they posted and then got wiped as the account was reset to gold. You'll just need to be persistant in following up with BAEC if that happens to you.
Thanks! Will monitor closely.

YouFirst question - will they be of help AFTER completing a segment in F? Don't have any further flights booked yet, but I hope they'll still be able to help after tomorrow's flight in A with crediting those miles and TPs towards the Gold tally?

Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:57 am
Original Poster

It all worked as it was supposed to - well done!

Just checked my account on the first day of my new membership year, and all is as it should be - promoted to Gold, TPs reset (lost 100 ), miles intact. No chasing, no hassle!^^
Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Capricorn70
Just checked my account on the first day of my new membership year, and all is as it should be - promoted to Gold, TPs reset (lost 100 ), miles intact. No chasing, no hassle!^^
You need to update your FT profile then - congratulations on joining the Gold club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.