Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Miles estore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:05 am

Yup - CD WOW miles posted this morning. Transaction date shows at 05 Mar, but the purchase was actually at the beginning of December.

In the interim, it's only ever shown as a 'click', never as a transaction.

Ah well, better late than never and at least I wasn't waiting for many miles.

Last edited by continentalclub; Mar 22, 2008 at 2:50 am
Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Made a few purchases from eBay - they showed up a treat.

Made a purchase from dabs a week ago, nothing's shown in my Shopping History at all... It's annoying having to wait 40 days before you can fill out an online missing miles claim
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Bonus today of some random miles from CD-WOW posting in my BAEC, they seem to relate to purchases back in November. The purchases were eligible for double miles, but as they didn't post until Jan I only got the normal rate. So I sent off a missing mile request in Jan and forgot all about it.
So the system does work, just some are slower than others.

My free trial with Blockbuster has me 750miles pending in my account, within 3 days of signing up.

All these free miles do have a down side.
The girlfriend has seen a Radley travel Bag that apparently she desperately 'needs' . As John Lewis are offering double miles its apparently an absolute bargain.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
Anyone had success with miles from Apple? It's been a week and nothing even showing in purchase history yet. It's really annoying as I now have little faith in the system and will have to remember to keep checking back and then chase if it gets to 40 days!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by theaxe
Anyone had success with miles from Apple? It's been a week and nothing even showing in purchase history yet. It's really annoying as I now have little faith in the system and will have to remember to keep checking back and then chase if it gets to 40 days!
I ordered from Apple at the beginning of December. The miles never posted but I couldn't be bothered chasing them. They finally hit my account yesterday of their own accord. Not sure whether that should inspire confidence or not...?
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:52 am

Well, there's a surprise!

Ordered some bits from Charles Tyrwhitt (wisely or unwisely) on Monday 17th,
purchased tracked on shopping history Monday night, order arrived morning of Tuesday 18th, 4000 BA Miles posted to account this morning, the 22nd.

^
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:08 am

Got some random success with reclaiming "double miles" purchases. Bought a Dell laptop in December, for around £500 which should have got 2000 miles in the double miles bonus last year. They posted in January as 1000 miles. A few weeks ago I filled out a missing miles form for the order and got another batch of 1000miles and an additional posting of 4000 from Dell GB. Bit random, but now I seem to have got 6k miles for a £500 laptop. Nice. ^
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by N1 Joe
I ordered from Apple at the beginning of December. The miles never posted but I couldn't be bothered chasing them. They finally hit my account yesterday of their own accord. Not sure whether that should inspire confidence or not...?
Well it cheers me up no end because I bought a MacBook last week and nothing has shown up yet on the shopping history.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:43 am

I was the same with Apple iTunes - nothing on shopping history (and still nothing) but miles did post (2/3 months after purchase!)
Old Mar 26, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
e-store and Dell

Just a quick warning. I ordered a TV from Dell through the e-store.

5 days later, no TV (supposedly 24 hour dispatch) and I'd found it £150 cheaper elsewhere so I went to cancel under the 7 day uk distance selling cooling off rule.

Dell claim that BA had directed me through their 'business' site and as a business customer I have no rights to the cooling off period.

I managed to argue it in the end but it's been a real hassle.

Oh the upside, over 4000 points are still 'pending' so that might be a nice bonus!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Yup - CD WOW miles posted this morning. Transaction date shows at 05 Mar, but the purchase was actually at the beginning of December.
And another set here. I'd given up on hem totally but was on BA.com and noticed a few hundred miles on the recent transaction section.

I gave up on the estore as the cdwow transaction was my transaction and with no miles after 4 months gave up hope. I might have to go back to looking at it again now !
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
finally had a couple of thousand for a watch on ebay credit.......not like i bought it back in novemeber or anything...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Just a quick warning. I ordered a TV from Dell through the e-store.

5 days later, no TV (supposedly 24 hour dispatch) and I'd found it £150 cheaper elsewhere so I went to cancel under the 7 day uk distance selling cooling off rule.

Dell claim that BA had directed me through their 'business' site and as a business customer I have no rights to the cooling off period.

I managed to argue it in the end but it's been a real hassle.

Oh the upside, over 4000 points are still 'pending' so that might be a nice bonus!
I ordered a Toaster and Kettle thorugh Scotts of Stow, the miles posted pretty early, long before the products were dispatched, after double the normal delivery time expectation, I call them up and they say there's none in stock, I phone back a week later and they say there's still none in stock, so I canceled the order and get a recorded telephone message confirming it had been cancelled, 3 days later the Kettle and Toaster turn up.

718 miles and 40 quids worth of Toaster and Kettle for nowt!

Can't complain, I was going to send it back as I felt a bit guilty, I doubt they would have know what to do with it though!

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Apr 3, 2008 at 9:45 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC lowly blue, various semi-worthless hotel programs.
I had a MacBook delivered last week and nothing has shown up in the purchase history as of a few minutes ago. Will have to make a note in my calendar to chase it up in 40 days. Will post back here if anything turns up.

All my purchases have credited ok so far, apart from one from Thorntons. I ordered some stuff which was damaged in transit (never got to me - the courier stopped it before it was delivered). They sent out another delivery, and although it has posted to my miles balance it is for 0 miles! Only a few hundred miles so will have to decide if I can be bothered to chase it up...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:53 am

Buying a Mac through eStore

For those buying a Mac, I would consider buying it from John Lewis (or J Lew as I like to call it).

You get a John Lewis 2 year warranty as standard, with an extra year costing about £70. Cheaper than Applecare. My Applecare protected Mac has never gone wrong, nor has the J Lew iMac so I can't say which is better should you need to call on it.

You can't order hardware with bigger HDs or RAM from J Lew, but if you're after more RAM you're nuts to pay for it from Apple. Five minutes with a screwdriver and chips ordered of Amazon will save you a couple of hundred quid. It is not hard. I watched Wingnut, vicar of the BD/British Rail parish, pimp mine up in no time.

Also, do double check your delivery address when ordering from J Lew online. I didn't, and it used an address that I had moved out of 18 months before. Numerous emails and phone calls were required to sort this out. Their couriers, CityLink, are entirely charm-free.

The eStore miles posted swiftly, too. I caught the tail end of the opening double miles promotion, so that was pleasing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.