Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OTT: OT: PUCCI IS 4000. Time for a TFTG?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2006, 6:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OTT: OT: PUCCI IS 4000. Time for a TFTG?

I have promised you one for a long time and I never forget a promise. Having read about how shocking behaviour has become- I was going to post it in that thread - but decided that it was too long and anyway I still get one or two PMs saying - Pucci Where have our TFTG gone? So - here you are - something for the weekend - and remember. However bad our service may be there always someone somewhere worse. I always said (and was told that I said it before at 3,000)- that I would go to 4,000 posts and call it quits. Maybe after this you will ask me to leave. I am sorry but if you wish for stories from below the neckline you will need to hurry over to AA as I have had to give some unasked for medical advice. That you do not have to read the Original Post is simply unique. So with no further ado:-

About a month or ago we were taking a very busy flight out of North America. Two extremely (as it turned out) pleasant passengers were seated next to a FA from Another Carrier. This person had - somehow - got aboard without anyone really registering how much hand luggage she had. She had the usual roll on bag the attachment handbag, her handbag, and another bag. She was in WT (we were really full). Although she was in full airline drag we knew this from the gate - so I assumed that she was positioning to London to work.

It transpired that the Silver card passengers were among the last to board and the were seated in (as memory serves) 33J and K. The overheads were really full - but as they had very little hand luggage they were prepared to put it under the seat in front. Madam Fright Attendant had been allocated 33H (aisle seat). It would appear that when she had put her bag under the seat in front of 33J assuming that given her "status" (her words) she would not have the seat next to her free. Quite why or how she came to these assumptions you may well ask. She had placed one of her bags on the seat. The first passenger had to squeeze past her to get to her seat as she was either unable or unwilling to move. She asked in an incredulous tone

"Is he coming in here? He can't. There’s no room"

"Sorry that's my allocated seat" said he (wondering why he should be answerable to her).

She disobligingly pulled the bag off the seat and stuffed it by her legs. The bag stayed under seat 33J. When the passenger objected, she waved her hand airily and said "You can put your feet on that" (meaning her bag)

"That's my space" objected the passenger " I want to put my bag under there"

"You can see for yourself there is not room" she said " The overheads are all full"

"Please remove it" said the passenger

"I can't" said Miss Fright Night - and with that she produced eye shades and pulled them over her face.

"If you do not move them "persisted the passenger "I will call for a crew member"

"You go right ahead" snapped Ms Cart Tart.

Unfortunately for her the WT Purser was passing by and the passenger called her over and pointed the problem out. She is not a person to trifle with and asked the FA who by this time was pretending that she was asleep (as if after all that commotion). The Purser shook her gently and told her to stow the bags properly. She started objecting because of the bins being full and the Purser said

"I don't care - that is his space and you will move that right now please. I do not know how you got on with all that luggage but it is most inconsiderate to other passengers.”

“I am a professional Flight Attendant positioning”

The Purser cut her short

“Then you of all people should know better"

Again a very bad tempered display took place moving the bags behind her legs - had there been an emergency it would have impeded their exit. The Purser could not stop - she thought the matter was over - and she had to get to her position for take off.

It appeared that this constellation in her airline's crown snarled to the poor individual in 33J under her breath as she fought with her possessions "Smart***" "Piece of C**p". The passenger heard everything and kept his cool. The drink trolley appeared and they asked for a couple of drinks each. As the Crew Member serving left that row, 33H snarled

"Boy weren’t you cute - I hope that you enjoyed that and I hope that your bladder is real empty as I need to sleep and I'm moving for no one least of all you. Whilst you're at it, you can keep your voices down or I'll call a Flight attendant about you".

At this point the passenger at the window had had enough and called for a crew member - she was only a row away and she came back - (it appear that both passengers had impressed her with their pleasantness and as she put it their charming manners.) She could see at once that there was a problem and asked the passengers to step out. She apologised to the people that she was about to serve and took them up the cabin. She called me and asked me to speak to them. I knew nothing of this incident, but by this time the WT Purser had spotted them and me and came over and said "Is she still being difficult"

"No - worse she's being really rude" said one of them. "We hate making a fuss but is there anywhere else at all that we could sit - we'll pay if we have to -we can see how busy you are"

"I can't promise" I said "but let's see what we can do. Come with me and let's get you a drink." I sat them in the "office" It was quite obvious that they were most pleasant people and I wanted to try and help. Fortunately we had some staff on board - and they were sub load - so I went forward for a word. They were both more than happy to oblige - even though it was a downgrade for them both that's part of the deal - but even though they had no right to say "No" they could have been snotty. The best bit was that they must have weighed 20 stone each (slight artistic licence here). I took 2 tons of fun back to 33J and 33K, and went and got the others and took them to 5 The look that greeted me was simply classic. I asked her to follow me back to the Galley. I told her that her behaviour to our passengers was unacceptable and that sitting next to her now were two crew members and if there was any repetition she would deal with me. As it stood this was going to be subject to my report - this could go to her company who might deal with her as she saw fit. If she crossed my path again I would ensure that the authorities on the ground would be informed prior to arrival.

"I've been flying for 32 years" and I have never been so insulted on an airline. “I am accustomed to being treated with respect. I should never have been put back here in the first place given my level of seniority. I give gracious charming service and I expect it back. I am a highly professional Flight Attendant. Whilst we’re about it what have you done with those people who were sitting next to me."

"I've too been flying that long" I replied, “and from what I have heard Graciousness and Charm were not on the agenda as far as you were concerned. Now I suggest that you look for somewhere to stow you hand luggage as it should not obstruct any exits. As to where the people have gone, that need not concern you as that is my business and none of yours. Now please return to your seat”.

"Whilst we are about it who and what are you?" she asked

"I am the Cabin Service Director - and my name is Pucci Galore"

"Well Ms cabinwhatever - at my airline we take care of colleagues from other airlines"

"Madam - you will be taken care of in more ways than one - let me take you back to your seat as I think that we are all done here"

She retired – at least I thought she had. It transpired that she tried to come and find me as she “had some issues regarding her lack of sleep because of my rudeness” (she said her). She actually made the big mistake of marching up down to the back to demand to know who “that witch” as she was going to report her good!

She happily fell upon one of our more gab-gifted crew members who had heard most of all this (bear in mind – she is in uniform)

“Witch?” He screeched “Get a load of you. Have you looked in the mirror lately yourself Love? Shirley Temple you ain’t! Now we all now what happened to Baby Jane!. Now please return to your seat – we have all heard and seen quite enough of you for one night”

Ms I’m –here-for-your-safety went back to her seat snarling with disappointed rage – she sat down, pulled her eye shades over her eyes and that was the last that we heard of her. She swept past the door – and truth to tell if looks could kill I’d be dead on the spot. Now I have never heard such an exhibition from any crew member from any airline (excepting some Captains who flew for a dry airline and who all got drunk on one occasion) – and no one I can think of would dare behave like this one any other airline. I tell you this because it was a lesson to all of us as to how bad behaviour is – even amongst people who ought to know better.

So – enough about me – now you talk about me!
Old May 5, 2006, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thank you, Pucci.

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Maybe after this you will ask me to leave.
No, absolutely not! Please keep TFTG coming.

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So – enough about me – now you talk about me!
I wouldn't dare .
Old May 5, 2006, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Superb. Love it. Thank you so much for making a sunny day in Edinburgh even brighter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Pucci you should write a book. I've read Air Babylon and it is nothing in comparison to your tales from the galley.

^ ^ ^ ^
Old May 5, 2006, 6:50 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
4000 not out

Dear Pucci,

TFTG cannot die! I rely on it to keep me sane in this mad mad world.

As for Miss Iamhereforyoursafety it would seem like one bag pulling several bags with a lot of emotional baggage. I wonder if you should be allowed to put all of her luggage over 7kg in the trash compactor. Might be a thought for next time.

Keep on flying and keep up the good work.

Spottie
Old May 5, 2006, 6:51 am

Pucci - great story. I think this is the first TFTG that you have posted since I joined the board but I have gone back and read some of your earlier ones, having read about them - keep them coming.
Oh and congrats on being 4000!
Old May 5, 2006, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was hilarious !!!

Now, why is my report not yet finished. Damn, got work to do.
Old May 5, 2006, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by edi-traveller

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Pucci you should write a book. I've read Air Babylon and it is nothing in comparison to your tales from the galley.

^ ^ ^ ^
My thoughts exactly-- string a good sized collection of these together and it would be a best seller!!
Old May 5, 2006, 7:29 am
uk1
Suspended

Congrats at 4000 posts - and for being the passengers friend! Great story.

Jeff
Old May 5, 2006, 7:49 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Congrats on 4k Pucci.

And thanks for the TFTG! ^
Old May 5, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, British Airways ID, Lloyds TSB Visa Debit Card
IIRC, this is the first installment of TFTG since I joined Flyertalk little over a year ago.

I can tell you, it brought a tear to my eye. I'm just two years in to what I hope to be a long career with this great company, and I can only hope that when I've done 42 years like you ( ), I'm as professional, courteous and enthusiastic as you are!

Thanks for the post, Pucci, and hope to see you onboard soon.

Tits' Travels has a long way to go before reaching the standard of TFTG.
Old May 5, 2006, 8:15 am
DEK

I hope you'll allow me to pop my head in here from across the pond and say how much I've enjoyed your TFTG's Pucci, please keep them coming!
Old May 5, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: BA
Brillinat Pucci!!! Simply brilliant!!! Don't you dare stop giving us our TFTGs, or I'll come at you with a hairdryer!!
Old May 5, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
An excellent read, I just wish we could hear more of them !!

With you, Tit's, Can I Help You and others on here, maybe we should get a sub forum going and you all can start some "life on a plane" blogs with your best tales
Old May 5, 2006, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Pucci, thank you so much. I'm just about to leave for the airport, to go offline for a couple of weeks ( ) for a much awaited holiday and what a fantastic way to go out ^ I've read the first little bit to Sheep, and he can have the rest as his ongoing bedtime story for the next fortnight - really, who needs Harry Potter? He's absolutely ecstatic, and is fully convinced you've written it for him just for this purpose... Suddenly his trip in the pointy part of an aircraft has just been eclipsed

Congratulations on your 4000 posts! And please don't leave, any thread which you post to must be read....
Old May 5, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Many congrats on the postcount, Pucci, and thanks for an entertaining TFTG ^

Please don't even think of stopping ... the BA Board would never be the same again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.