Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT: Ryanair Sues BALPA for PPruNe Pilot's Website Posted Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Although not BA related, it is interesting to note how seriously Ryanair is taking matter posted on a public newsboard by its own pilots.

This may be more TravelBuzz related, however I know we often discuss pertinent matter in British aviation, and it may be of interest to many posters here (and those who post to PPruNe) who may interact with Ryanair crew, occasionally fly their planes on one-ways to ex-Europe BA J departures or indeed as BA staff posting to this Board, which is also apprently monitored.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ts/040909/10182014_3.html

When the Professional Pilots Rumour Network, a Web forum popular with Europe-based pilots, posted a discussion thread containing a mixture of informed insights and raucous comments on Ryanair's relations with its pilots, the company's lawyers sent the Web site a letter demanding that it take down the thread. Howrey Europe, a law firm acting on behalf of Ryanair, sent the letter to PPruNe, as the Web site calls itself, on Aug. 24.

I think the point was well made on TODAY this morning that aviation must exist in a spirit of open co-operation; anyone who criticises one individual for raising the flag on safety or other important issues should have his/her concerns addressed, not gagged and sued.

As such an issue affects not just Ryanair and its pilots, but also other flying in UK airspace, I think this has done more to harm Ryanair's credibility than any benefit gained from publicly attempting to gag their own employees.

Here's the PPruNe link:

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthr...5&pagenumber=1

Last edited by apudme; Mar 30, 2005 at 2:34 am
Old Mar 30, 2005, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
How long before LiarAir introduce a PPruNe surcharge ?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:03 am
dnw

Originally Posted by Roger
^
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by Roger
Serving prunes on board would be an improvement over current offerings. I would certainly pay an extra $.25 for a funsize package .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.