Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Frequent flyer lookalikes? Doppelganger's on BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche

For the third time, I've had a crew member come up, think they recognise me and ask if I'm a regular to MAD...

Flyertalk has taught me to book in advance, nabbing good seats which tend to result in more crew conversation - a nice bonus! - but this keeps happening.

Will whoever regularly travels to MAD and gets greeted with "Ah welcome back, how was Paris?" please step forth!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I sort of expected a slightly different angle based on the title and my recent experience. On three separate occasions this summer I had a BA crew member ask if I wasn't really a particular actor. One time this was because a passenger asked the crew member if I was a particular actor while I was sleeping.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm often referred to as Mr. Clooney. Or was it Rooney?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I've had it a couple of times on LAX flights where I have been mistaken for someone else.

There's also a chap on the NCL flights who always speaks to me like I'm some long-lost friend - but I haven't a clue who he is! Last time we spoke he asked what I'd been up to recently and seemed surprised when I said "Living and working in Las Vegas"

If he's an FT regular maybe this will jog his memory and I'll get a PM
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I had it from a Comair cabin crew member before , but that is my only claim to fame.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I've had it a couple of times on LAX flights where I have been mistaken for someone else.

There's also a chap on the NCL flights who always speaks to me like I'm some long-lost friend - but I haven't a clue who he is! Last time we spoke he asked what I'd been up to recently and seemed surprised when I said "Living and working in Las Vegas"

If he's an FT regular maybe this will jog his memory and I'll get a PM
I know two regulars on NCL flights, one lurks here every now and then and the other one is an ambassador here
'andad likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by dylanks
I sort of expected a slightly different angle based on the title and my recent experience. On three separate occasions this summer I had a BA crew member ask if I wasn't really a particular actor. One time this was because a passenger asked the crew member if I was a particular actor while I was sleeping.
That is because of your suave svelte appearance.

Nobody has you as a Vincent Price (when in costume) body double, thank goodness 😀😀😀
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I met HIDDY for a very short time a while back.

He actually looks a bit like Daniel Craig in real life!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by PETER01

Your cheque (in pesos) will be in the post shortly
PETER01 and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by antichef
Your cheque (in pesos) will be in the post shortly
I like his Hats, rather have one of them.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm often referred to as Mr. Clooney. Or was it Rooney?
Wait. What? Don't they know who you are DYKWIA?
godsavethepoints and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PETER01

Yes you were shaken not stirred by the resemblance if I remember correctly. Did I give you my autograph?
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: GGL
This is actually the bane of my existence, and for some reason flying produces the highest incidence of it, with people going out of their way to engage on aircraft.

It invariably starts the same way: "I don't know if anyone has told you this, but you look just like...". Thereafter though, there is little consistency it who exactly it is, the only common denominator is I don't look anything like them. Among the long list of supposed doppelgängers, are Jude Law, Rowan Atkinson, Jeffrey Goldblum, and Jimmy Fallon, and if you can put those faces together into a photofit you'd be doing well.

I got the Jeff Goldblum one on an internal US flight travelling with an actor friend. I replied "No, never had that before, but don't you think he looks like..." and indicated the actor friend. Our interloper considered this for a few seconds then said "I dunno who that is", paused, then added "but yeah, he does".
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Haha. I have this everywhere, not just on planes. I seem to have 'just one of those faces'.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets welcomed back by crew as being a regular, thinking Im someone else. I only fly to one maybe two holidays a year, I dont fly for work. So either the crew have very good memories and I have had the same crew by chance. Or more than likely I just look like someone else who maybe flies an awful lot with BA!

First time I was flying to Sydney in First. As I was being shown to my seat another crew member came from the galley and said it was nice to see me back on my regular LHR-SYD route again. This was the first time I had set foot onboard a BA plane for about a year!

Second time I was flying LHR-PHL, as I boarded a crew member came up and said it was nice to see me again and asked what I had been doing with myself since he had last seen me. Again I had not been on BA for about 10 months.

Last time I was flying SFO-LHR. As I entered the lounge at SFO the lady on the desk asked me how were things going at Apple, (I dont work for Apple). This caused a bit of embarrassment for me when the two gents behind then followed me around the lounge until I sat down and then they sat next to me, and proceeded to try an talk about 'upcoming products' in the tech world.

Bri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.